Job Advertisement: National Director
OAC Ministries Moves On
OAC Ministries (Open Air Campaigners) is moving on and welcomes others to join in sharing the good news of Jesus. Currently, OAC GB is recruiting a National Director.
OAC is a frontline ministry of evangelism and a facilitator to the church in seeking to make Christ known. Through a range of conferences, training events and resources, OAC equips churches and individuals to reach their communities with the life changing message of Jesus.
Working in 26 countries worldwide, OAC (Open Air Campaigners) began in Australia in 1892 and started in Britain in 1968. OAC works in partnership with the local church 'Presenting Christ by all means everywhere' with particular emphasis on open air and outgoing evangelism.
OAC evangelists are trained in open air work and creative outreach. Many can be seen on the street regularly leading their teams to communicate the Good News. Innovative means include sketch-board illustration, drama, music, puppetry, creative object lessons and escapology. They also conduct one of the largest schools ministries in the country as well as involvement in prisons and on ships.
Street work may be specialised such as working among young people who are clubbers or on housing estates in deprived areas. Each evangelist pursues his or her individual calling to ministry such as schools, prisons, ships and homes for the elderly.
Training is vital to OAC's ministry and includes equipping both individuals and churches to facilitate their local outreach. OAC is a member of the Evangelical Alliance and adheres to the EA Statement of Faith.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
Requirements for the National Director:
The successful candidate for the National Director of OAC GB will have a recognised call, ministry and close walk with the Lord. His/her passion for the Lord and desire to reach those who have not accepted Jesus as their Saviour will have been demonstrated by evangelism.
Basic qualifications include Bible college training of at least one year or the equivalent. Also, he/she will have received training and have a minimum of serving two years in evangelism with a recognised organisation. Evangelism in the open air is greatly preferred.
Leadership skills and ministry based on team work are vital. The successful candidate will regularly attend a home church, have the ability to preach in a church and be fluent in English.
Additionally, he/she will have a familiarity with and willingness to carry out the OACI purpose and policy. Service will be full-time in OAC evangelism with an expectation of attending zone and international conferences as well as UK events.
Like all of our Evangelists, our National Director will be responsible for raising his/her own support to cover salary, taxes, insurances and day to day ministry expenses. However, reasonable expenses will be paid from our central fund to cover travel, overnight costs, food and fees when engaged in National Director's duties.
For an application form and job description, visit: http://www.oacgb.org.uk/NewsArticle.asp#National
According a five-year study on pornography viewing among adolescents and young adults, attending church services significantly lowers porn use among youth, both male and female.
Franklin Graham says Easter a 'fantastic opportunity' for Christians to show their compassion to Louisiana flood victims
Reverend Franklin Graham is overwhelmed by the destruction caused by the recent flooding in Louisiana, but he is grateful that Easter is drawing near because it would encourage his Christian brothers and sisters to lend a helping hand to those in need.
- 5 Ways To Be More Christlike This Christmas
- 'You Are The Light Of The World': How God Can Use You To Comfort Those Who Mourn
- Why The Local Church Is More Important Than Ever In The Digital Age
- What's Wrong With TULIP? Southern Baptists Resist 'Aggressive' Advance Of New Calvinism
- 75 Thoughts You Have At A Carol Service
- Should Protestants Pay More Attention To Mary? And What's The Immaculate Conception Anyway?
- Twitter Lights Up For #NationalChristmasTreeDay
- Four Great Christmas Videos You Might Not Have Come Across
- How Many Presents Should Your Child Receive On Christmas Day?
- Nigeria Church Collapse: Up To 160 Dead, Says Hospital Director
- Officials in New Mexico Won't Remove Ten Commandments Monument Despite Court Order
- Dylann Roof Trial: 'I Did It,' Church Gunman Says
- 'Jacob Sheep' Return to Israel: 'Precursor' to Third Temple and Second Coming of Christ?
- CIA Says Russia Intervened To Help Trump Win White House
- Hospitals Destroyed And Millions Starving: The Crisis In Yemen Is Worsening