Jermaine Dupri backward pants PHOTO at Kriss Kross' Chris Kelly funeral (VIDEO)
Jermaine Dupri attended the funeral of the late Kris Kross rapper Chris Kelly wearing his pants backwards as a tribute to him.
Chris Kelly, 34, was found dead May 1 of a suspected drug overdose. The sudden death of the Kriss Kross rapper had shocked his family and friends.
Kelly's funeral was held in Atlanta on May 9 at Jackson Baptist Memorial Church, attended by 300 friends, family and entertainers.
Kriss Kross hip hop partner Chris Smith remembered him in a tearful speech. "It's been a struggle for me every day, but there was a peace that came over me this morning because I know he's in heaven," Smith said, according to CBS. "We had so many memories. He was a true friend. He wanted to see if I was all right. So I just want to say I love you, man, and I'll miss you."
Kelly and Smith rose to worldwide fame in 1992 with their hit "Jump." They were discovered by Jermaine Dupri while they were performing in a shopping mall in Atlanta.
Kelly's mother, Donna Kelly Pratte, wept throughout the funeral and pleaded for the church deacons to not close the coffin on her child. She screamed, "Please don't close it. Please don't close it on my baby."
Kelly was known as "Mac Daddy" and Smith as "Daddy Mac". They were known for wearing their pants backwards, sparking a brief national trend.
"Jump" was their first and most successful song. Their debut album "Totally Krossed Out" went multiplatinum in 1992.
See the photo of Dupri wearing his pants backwards at Kelly's funeral HERE.
Watch Chris Kelly's funeral in the video below:
"Body Party" singer Ciara and her new husband Russell Wilson, who plays the quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks, are truly enjoying wedded bliss.
The oldest Methodist building in the world features in the new series of Poldark, which returns to BBC1 on September 4.
- Tom Daley and Christian Voice: What the Twitter row really has to teach us
- Seduction and beheading: What a dark Bible story tells us about goodness
- Why it's time to stop saying 'God has a special someone planned for you'
- The Story of Christ: Feature film shot in virtual reality to be released this Christmas
- Why Jesus didn't feed the 5,000, and why it matters
- Why we need solitude in the midst of the 2016 American election
- Responding to the face of horror
- Farah does the double in thrilling day of athletics
- When church lets you down: so now what?
- Evacuees still thankful to God for gift of life even though their homes have been razed by California wildfire
- Gender ideology harms children, paediatricians group tells educators, lawmakers
- Texas attorney general affirms constitutionality of courtroom prayer
- Christians now afraid to go to church in Philippines due to threats from Islamist radicals, priest says
- U.S. court upholds religious freedom case against transgender employee
- Christian aid agency to deliver emergency supplies to war-ravaged Aleppo