iPhone 6 release date imminent as parts arrive for production; Apple to unveil latest handset at WWDC with iOS 7?
Apple fans last year have had to wait over a year to upgrade their iPhones to an iPhone 5, but the next generation handset may launch earlier than expected, according to recent reports.
A new report claims that the upgraded iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 may be released sooner than previously thought, as Chinese factories have already received necessary parts to start building the phones.
According to Patently Apple, a "new Chinese report" claimed that "Apple's noisy supply chain is at it again", meaning that manufacturers have already received necessary parts to begin building the next generation iPhone.
This means that the production of the iPhone 5S/6 may start some time in July, which will be two months after the parts arrived to manufacturers. Two months is the standard timeline between parts arriving and the start of production.
The next generation iPhone is slated to feature a Retina or IGZO screen display and packed with an A7 quad core chip processor. It is also rumoured to have 128 GB internal storage, a 13 mega-pixel camera, and iOS 7. The battery life is expected to be much improved and it may also come with NFC support, which the current iPhone 5 lacks.
Apple is also expected to launch an "affordable" iPhone for customers. The rumoured phone is expected to have plastic casing, a 4-inch display similar to the iPhone 4S, a dual core processor and 8 mega-pixel camera.
Apple's annual Worldwide Developer's Conference will kick off on June 10 in San Francisco. Tickets for the event sold out in under two minutes, setting an all-time record. Apple's latest operating system, iOS 7, is expected to be previewed at the conference. An upgraded line of Macbook Pros and Airs are also rumoured to make an appearance. The iPhone 5S/6 may also be introduced at the conference, which makes sense if rumours of a July release date is true.
If you're exhausted by the battle to stay ahead, maybe it's time to break your programming and turn comparison on its head.
Right now some fresh-faced University students will be looking for a Church. How can you best welcome them in?
- Struggling With Comparing Yourself To Others? Time To Do Something About It
- Why Does God Allow Depression?
- Could Orthodox Churches Recognise The Pope? It's No Longer Completely Unthinkable
- Bieber Sings Delirious? Six Other Musical Acts And The Worship Songs They Should Cover
- Finding Focus: Four Ideas For The Desperately Distracted
- In Good Times And Bad, Why Psalm 23 Will See Us Through
- Leonard Cohen: 10 Of His Best Songs About Faith, God and Spirituality
- The Christian Comeback Is Coming, Says Brian McLaren
- 5 New Testament Passages Your Pastor Has (Probably) Never Preached On
- Over 160 ISIS militants killed in coalition airstrike in Iraq; jihadists surround Mosul with oil tanks
- Boko Haram militants shoot Christians returning home from church in Nigeria, killing 8; 2 other attacks claim 10 lives
- Chinese businessman who converted to Christianity from Buddhism to build $1.2m Noah's Ark replica
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians
- Twelve Killed In Iraq In First Attack Of Its Kind Since 2015
- Three Shot Dead In Washington Mall Shooting