iPhone 5S release date rumored September 6 [PHOTO]; Low-cost iPhone Lite may release alongside [VIDEO]
Rumor has it that the iPhone 5S will be coming to market on September 6.
That's according to the iFun blog. The German-language blog reports that two new devices will be made available on that day, giving rise to speculation that the iPhone 5S will be released on the same day as a new low-cost iPhone.
According to iFun, the two new devices will be different in more ways than their color or memories.
"This information has come to us through a credible source that is to be taken as serious," the blog said. Click here for photos.
The supposed release date will come as something of a surprise for Apple fans, given that previous versions have gone on sale slightly later.
The iPhone 4S went on sale in mid-October 2011 and then iPhone 5 was released last year on 12 September. That would put the release of the iPhone 5S nearly a week earlier.
The cheaper iPhone rumored to be in the making could be made of plastic rather than the usual glass and metal. That's the speculation after DetroitBORG posted a video on YouTube claiming to show an all-plastic casing for the new device.
DetroitBORG describes it as a merger of iPhone 3GS and the iPod Touch, with a four-inch screen.
It could present consumers with a serious rival to cheaper Android phones like Samsung Galaxy devices.
If the September 6 release date is correct, that will place it on the same day as the IFA tech conference kicks off in Berlin, where the Galaxy Note 3 is expected to feature prominently.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Pope Francis: Christians Face Daily Battle With Satan
- 'Can I get a witness?' Whatever happened to sharing our testimonies?
- It's Been 500 Years Since The Reformation. Now Is The Time To Admit We Need Each Other
- What Does The Bible Have To Say About A Trump Presidency?
- Truth And Justice Meet: Why We Should Celebrate The Freedom Of Chelsea Manning
- Unsatisfied At Work? Here's How To Find Fulfilment
- Auschwitz Memorial Museum Director Appeals For Death Camp Staff Documents
- Real Christian Men Do This
- Hope Amid Crisis: Testimonies Of Christian Transformation In War-Torn Syria
- The Gambia Explainer: What Will Happen Next?
- 145,000 Indian Children Without Support As Compassion's Funds Cut Off By Government
- Holy Spirit 'Stirring' In War-Ravaged Aleppo As Muslims Seek Refuge in Christian Prayer Tents
- Germany Rejecting 'Almost All' Applications for Asylum of Christian Refugees, Pastor Reveals
- 'There's a God Up There': Last Man on the Moon Who Marvelled At 'Majestic' Earth Passes Into Eternity
- €700 Fine For Artist Who 'Defiled Church' By Doing Press-Ups On The Altar