iPhone 5S release date rumored September 6 [PHOTO]; Low-cost iPhone Lite may release alongside [VIDEO]
Rumor has it that the iPhone 5S will be coming to market on September 6.
That's according to the iFun blog. The German-language blog reports that two new devices will be made available on that day, giving rise to speculation that the iPhone 5S will be released on the same day as a new low-cost iPhone.
According to iFun, the two new devices will be different in more ways than their color or memories.
"This information has come to us through a credible source that is to be taken as serious," the blog said. Click here for photos.
The supposed release date will come as something of a surprise for Apple fans, given that previous versions have gone on sale slightly later.
The iPhone 4S went on sale in mid-October 2011 and then iPhone 5 was released last year on 12 September. That would put the release of the iPhone 5S nearly a week earlier.
The cheaper iPhone rumored to be in the making could be made of plastic rather than the usual glass and metal. That's the speculation after DetroitBORG posted a video on YouTube claiming to show an all-plastic casing for the new device.
DetroitBORG describes it as a merger of iPhone 3GS and the iPod Touch, with a four-inch screen.
It could present consumers with a serious rival to cheaper Android phones like Samsung Galaxy devices.
If the September 6 release date is correct, that will place it on the same day as the IFA tech conference kicks off in Berlin, where the Galaxy Note 3 is expected to feature prominently.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- 3 Things Jesus' Death Teaches Us About Humanity
- I Was Kicked Out Of Turkey For Being A Christian
- Children Fleeing ISIS In Mosul Find Sanctuary
- Rick Warren: How To Respond When Someone Hurts You
- Why Practising Christian Mindfulness Doesn't Mean Turning Buddhist
- Why The Pope's Historic Trip To Sweden Is So Significant
- Will Christians And Muslims Be Able To Live Side By Side In Iraq After ISIS?
- Sexual Violence: Why Christians Have To Talk About It
- Power Women: The Villagers Standing Up Against Sierra Leone's Rapists
- Young Iraqi Christian Girl Who Forgave ISIS 'Joyful' About Returning Home After Liberation
- Christianity Is In Danger Of Disappearing For Good From Iraq Even After Defeat Of ISIS
- 20 Chinese Christians Beaten And Couple Imprisoned For Hanging Cross In Home
- Ireland's Conservative Abortion Laws Could Be Liberalised
- Russell Moore: If Religious Right Is Not Able To Re-Focus On The Gospel It Deserves To Die
- Vatican And Argentina To Release Archives Of 'Dirty War' That Killed 30,000