iPhone 5S release date rumored September 6 [PHOTO]; Low-cost iPhone Lite may release alongside [VIDEO]
Rumor has it that the iPhone 5S will be coming to market on September 6.
That's according to the iFun blog. The German-language blog reports that two new devices will be made available on that day, giving rise to speculation that the iPhone 5S will be released on the same day as a new low-cost iPhone.
According to iFun, the two new devices will be different in more ways than their color or memories.
"This information has come to us through a credible source that is to be taken as serious," the blog said. Click here for photos.
The supposed release date will come as something of a surprise for Apple fans, given that previous versions have gone on sale slightly later.
The iPhone 4S went on sale in mid-October 2011 and then iPhone 5 was released last year on 12 September. That would put the release of the iPhone 5S nearly a week earlier.
The cheaper iPhone rumored to be in the making could be made of plastic rather than the usual glass and metal. That's the speculation after DetroitBORG posted a video on YouTube claiming to show an all-plastic casing for the new device.
DetroitBORG describes it as a merger of iPhone 3GS and the iPod Touch, with a four-inch screen.
It could present consumers with a serious rival to cheaper Android phones like Samsung Galaxy devices.
If the September 6 release date is correct, that will place it on the same day as the IFA tech conference kicks off in Berlin, where the Galaxy Note 3 is expected to feature prominently.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
Ex-ISIS child soldier recalls horror of seeing kids playing with severed heads of executed prisoners
ISIS has been known to exploit children and hone them into soldiers and assets for the group. One of them was a boy named Ibrahim, a former ISIS soldier whose horrific experience with the militant group are forever etched on his mind.
- It's not Christian to be nice
- Christian Small Group: The rejected TV pilot
- Earthquakes and floods: Is God punishing people?
- Does money really stop us getting into heaven?
- The Bible study method that helps small groups really work
- Revelation 2: Has the church lost its first love?
- Should Christian charities take atheists' money?
- Top 5 daily prayer apps to help your devotional life
- 'We are living in darkness': The heartbreaking suffering of refugees stranded in Greece
- It's OK for Christians to worry about refugees in U.S., religious freedom activist says
- Archbishop from Uganda says beating of children, wives at home should stop
- Italy earthquake: State funeral held for 35 victims
- Denmark: Friday prayers held at Scandinavia's first female-led mosque
- Scottish police call on help of priest to get rid of 'poltergeist' causing trouble inside a house
- Boko Haram leaves 1.4 million children displaced, dozens used as suicide bombers - Unicef