iPhone 5S release date rumored September 6 [PHOTO]; Low-cost iPhone Lite may release alongside [VIDEO]
Rumor has it that the iPhone 5S will be coming to market on September 6.
That's according to the iFun blog. The German-language blog reports that two new devices will be made available on that day, giving rise to speculation that the iPhone 5S will be released on the same day as a new low-cost iPhone.
According to iFun, the two new devices will be different in more ways than their color or memories.
"This information has come to us through a credible source that is to be taken as serious," the blog said. Click here for photos.
The supposed release date will come as something of a surprise for Apple fans, given that previous versions have gone on sale slightly later.
The iPhone 4S went on sale in mid-October 2011 and then iPhone 5 was released last year on 12 September. That would put the release of the iPhone 5S nearly a week earlier.
The cheaper iPhone rumored to be in the making could be made of plastic rather than the usual glass and metal. That's the speculation after DetroitBORG posted a video on YouTube claiming to show an all-plastic casing for the new device.
DetroitBORG describes it as a merger of iPhone 3GS and the iPod Touch, with a four-inch screen.
It could present consumers with a serious rival to cheaper Android phones like Samsung Galaxy devices.
If the September 6 release date is correct, that will place it on the same day as the IFA tech conference kicks off in Berlin, where the Galaxy Note 3 is expected to feature prominently.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- The Lesson For Labour From Its Forgotten Christian Socialist Leader: For The Greater Good, Corbyn Should Resign
- Five Scriptures For When You're Feeling Confused
- The 21st Century Solution To Displaying 16th Century Luther Artefacts: Print Them In 3D
- 3 Strategies For Online Soul-Protection
- Will A Christian Film Win Best Picture? Christian Today's Oscar Predictions
- Exclusive Michael Gove Interview: On Trump Quitting Early, Not Talking To Cameron And Being A Flawed Christian
- New Planets Have Been Discovered That Could Support Alien Life. Here Are 10 Questions For Christians
- Brand New VeggieTales Brings Godly Vegetables Back To Netflix: Exclusive Clips
- 'I Miss My Father': Daughter Of Murdered Missionary Jim Elliot Speaks Out
- Drive-Through Ash Wednesday Blessings To Be Given Out At This Irish Church
- Opposition To Philippine's President Duterte Turn Historic Event Into Protest March
- Iraqi Forces Push Into Western Mosul And Launch Airstrikes In Syria
- Islamist Extremists Attack Churches, Terrorise Nuns In Bid To Sabotage Church's Peace Mission In The Congo
- ISIS Brutes Hang Young Mother From Cables And Rape Her Every Day For A Month In Front Of Her Children
- Why Building A Stone Factory Near Mosul Was The Way For Open Doors To Help Hundreds Of People