iPad Air 3 release date, specs, news: New iPad Pro 2 report increases chances of tablet's doom
The iPad Air 3 is looking more and more of a goner as more information about Apple's plans involving its iPad units continues to come to light.
The Cupertino-based tech firm appears to be pushing for a 9.7-inch iPad Pro 2. As users know, this size is the standard for the iPad Air units.
According to a report by Macotakara, Apple is going for a home button and bezel-less design for the 10.9-inch iPad Pro 2 model so that it could still have the same footprint as the original 9.7-inch iPad Pro.
This means that although it is technically 10.9-inch in size, it will still feel like a 9.7-inch tablet. This will be done by ditching the bottom bezels where the home button should be.
This 10.9-inch iPad Pro 2 with a 9.7-inch footprint is not the same as the "low-cost" version with the same display size that KGI Securities Ming Chi-Kuo talked about a few months back. A refreshed 9.7-inch iPad Pro 2 will also be released on top of this 10.9-inch iPad Pro 2.
This means that there is a possibility that there will be two iPads with the same size. It will not make sense for the iPad Air 3 to be released. After all, it will be difficult to figure which category it will fall or what it will cater to. The economical version is expected to have an A9X processor as opposed to the new A10X.
The bezel-less, 10.9-inch iPad Pro 2 is expected to have all the new technology that Apple can employ. Both devices will have what it takes to render the iPad Air 3 obsolete.
Additionally, it is likely no coincidence that the original 9.7-inch iPad Pro from early this year turned up the same time the iPad Air 3 did not see the light of day.
It is believed that Apple is going full Pro next year, which means that the iPad Air 3 will have to be abandoned.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Why Are Black Majority Churches Growing So Fast In The UK?
- These Are 5 Qualities That Make A Great Pastor
- When Is Ash Wednesday 2017?
- She Was Looking For Matches To Get High On Heroin – And Instead She Found A Bible And Met Jesus
- The Mystery Of Millennials: They Aren't Who You Think They Are
- Sunday Swimming Row In Scotland Makes A Splash
- Rome's Catholics And Jews Unite In Art Exhibition Celebrating Ancient Biblical Symbol
- 'Chariots Of Fire' Star Eric Liddell: A Life Dedicated To His God
- Moonlight Star Speaks Of Abuse After Converting From Christianity To Islam
- Family Of Missing Christian Woman In Egypt Accuse Police Of Complicity In Her Kidnapping
- 'Hopeless' Muslim Family Try To Commit Suicide — But God Heals Them, With Dead Son Even Restored To Life
- Archaeologists To Start Digging Ancient Site Where They Believe The Ark Of The Covenant Once Stood
- Former Archbishop Of Canterbury Calls Out 'Horrific Blow' Of Famine In South Sudan As UK Announces New Aid Package
- Christians Should Employ Illegal Migrants, Says Norwegian Priest
- Armed Conflict, Starvation And Sickness: The Forgotten Children Caught Up In Lake Chad's Crisis