iPad 5 release date at WWDC 2013? launch immiment, features rumors include GF2 display technology
Apple's next generation tablet dubbed the iPad 5 is expected to be released imminently, according to the latest rumor mill surrounding the device.
Apple had released the iPad 4 in October, just six months after releasing the iPad 5, leading many to believe that the release of the iPad 5 should follow the same pattern as the year before. If that is the case, the iPad 5 is a month behind schedule, therefore should be launched very soon.
Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo had incorrectly predicted last year that the iPad 5 release date will be in early 2013 and that the device will possess a thinner and lighter frame.
AppleInsider reported that Kuo wrote to investors: "Though the iPad mini is expected to be successful, we think launching the lighter, thinner 9.7-inch iPad as quickly as possible matters more for Apple strategically."
However, despite Kuo's release date of the iPad 5 being incorrect, many believe that the next generation tablet will indeed be a thinner model.
Apple's Worldwide Developer's Conference (WWDC) is expected to take place next month and there is anticipation that the iPad 5 may be unveiled at the event. However, other rumors suggest that the release date will be pushed back to October 2013, one year after the launch of the latest model.
The iPad 5 is expected to come "GF DITO" touchscreen technology, or GF2. The GF2 display technology is already used in the iPad mini, which reduces the thickness and size of the tablet.
According to Tactus, the upcoming iPad5 is expected to be just 7.2mm thick. It is rumored to come with an 8MP rearfacing camera and be available in 4 storage options: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- 3 Things The Labour Party Can Learn From The Church About Unity
- Struggling With Comparing Yourself To Others? Time To Do Something About It
- Why Does God Allow Depression?
- Could Orthodox Churches Recognise The Pope? It's No Longer Completely Unthinkable
- Bieber Sings Delirious? Six Other Musical Acts And The Worship Songs They Should Cover
- Finding Focus: Four Ideas For The Desperately Distracted
- In Good Times And Bad, Why Psalm 23 Will See Us Through
- Leonard Cohen: 10 Of His Best Songs About Faith, God and Spirituality
- The Christian Comeback Is Coming, Says Brian McLaren
- Pro-life activists oppose 'ridiculous' proposal from bioethicists to force doctors to kill babies
- Christian event disrupted by extremists who oppose non-Jewish activities in Israel
- Over 160 ISIS militants killed in coalition airstrike in Iraq; jihadists surround Mosul with oil tanks
- Boko Haram militants shoot Christians returning home from church in Nigeria, killing 8; 2 other attacks claim 10 lives
- Chinese businessman who converted to Christianity from Buddhism to build $1.2m Noah's Ark replica
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians