iPad 5 release date at WWDC 2013? launch immiment, features rumors include GF2 display technology
Apple's next generation tablet dubbed the iPad 5 is expected to be released imminently, according to the latest rumor mill surrounding the device.
Apple had released the iPad 4 in October, just six months after releasing the iPad 5, leading many to believe that the release of the iPad 5 should follow the same pattern as the year before. If that is the case, the iPad 5 is a month behind schedule, therefore should be launched very soon.
Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo had incorrectly predicted last year that the iPad 5 release date will be in early 2013 and that the device will possess a thinner and lighter frame.
AppleInsider reported that Kuo wrote to investors: "Though the iPad mini is expected to be successful, we think launching the lighter, thinner 9.7-inch iPad as quickly as possible matters more for Apple strategically."
However, despite Kuo's release date of the iPad 5 being incorrect, many believe that the next generation tablet will indeed be a thinner model.
Apple's Worldwide Developer's Conference (WWDC) is expected to take place next month and there is anticipation that the iPad 5 may be unveiled at the event. However, other rumors suggest that the release date will be pushed back to October 2013, one year after the launch of the latest model.
The iPad 5 is expected to come "GF DITO" touchscreen technology, or GF2. The GF2 display technology is already used in the iPad mini, which reduces the thickness and size of the tablet.
According to Tactus, the upcoming iPad5 is expected to be just 7.2mm thick. It is rumored to come with an 8MP rearfacing camera and be available in 4 storage options: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.
Here are seven important facts everyone should be aware of regarding Zika Virus.
An evangelical pastor spanked women's bare bottoms to administer "spiritual discipline", a court has been told.
- Star Trek Beyond: searching for hope in a godless universe
- Controversial evangelist, activist and bestselling 'Left Behind' author dies aged 90
- Scotland's Christian 'saint in the making' Margaret Sinclair to star in new play
- The burning issue: Why the Church has got to start talking about hell
- Come to church this week for poets, rock stars, circus skills and 'champing'
- Lead us not into the temptations of Twitter, warns Pope Francis
- Vice-President Kaine? Find out six facts about his faith
- How your holidays can still be holy days
- Child abuse, the Church and the Goddard inquiry: Why we should all pray it succeeds
- Glass ceiling shattered as Clinton wins Democratic Party nomination
- Church-state separation is OK, but 'there should never be separation between God and state' — Philippine President Duterte
- Why Pope Francis may not be particularly welcome in Poland
- Religious people oppose genetic engineering to enhance human abilities
- Jacques Hamel: The humble priest who was 'treasured' by the community
- Many thousands of displaced children in Nigeria on brink of starvation