Hurricane Barbara 2013 Path Map [VIDEO]: Category 1 hurricane to make landfall on Mexico's Pacific coast
Hurricane Barbara 2013 is heading towards Mexico's southern Pacific coast.
The hurricane is expected to make landfall before the end of the day, according to forecasters.
Emergency shelters are now being prepared by officials in the southern coastal state of Oaxaca.
Classes in schools were also suspended in the region on Wednesday as heavy rains moved into the area ahead of the hurricane.
Hurricane Barbara was located on Wednesday afternoon about 65 miles east southeast of Salina Cruz, Mexico.
It is expected to hit the east coast near the port city of Salina Cruz, which to a large extent is undeveloped with coastal lagoons stretching up the coast spotted with various fishing villages.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
Experts have predicted that the hurricane will weaken significantly as soon as it makes landfall, and should be a lot weaker by the time it reaches the major oil port of Coatzacoalcos, which is located on the other side of the narrow waist of Mexico known as the Isthmus of Tehuantepec.
Officials have issued a hurricane warning for the Pacific coast from Puerto Angel to Barra de Tonala. It is expected that Hurricane Barbara will hit with maximum sustained winds of 75 mph as a Category 1 hurricane.
Some reports out of the region have said that heavy rains have already begun to flood some residences along the coastal regions, and those living in the region are bracing themselves Wednesday evening for the hurricane's arrival.
Strom shelters have been set up in 20 towns and hamlets, according to AP, and it has already been announced that school classes in the area will be closed for the entire week.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- 6 Worships Songs You Might Not Know, But Should
- After Trump, What Now For Christians In America? Obama Faith Advisor Speaks Out
- From Bethlehem To Bedford: What If Mary And Joseph Were 21st Century Refugees?
- 10 Brilliant Ways To Countdown To Christmas With Your Kids
- No Women Speakers At Your Christian Event? Here's How That Could Change
- Archbishop Of York: Government Must Not 'Scapegoat' Migrants For Failures In Housing And Jobs
- The First Trailer For The Shack Movie Is Here... And It Looks Heartbreaking, Beautiful And Brilliant
- Buzzfeed, Fixer Upper, And Gay Marriage: 3 Questions To Ask
- Why We Need To Stop Calling Our Opponents 'Evil'
- Church in Australia Removing References to Christ, Steering Clear of Religious Symbols?
- Anglican Pastor May End Up in Jail in California for Offering Prayers for Women Entering Abortion Facility
- 18 Islamists Arrested in Egypt for Burning Down Christian Homes
- South Koreans march close to presidential Blue House demanding Park resign
- Malaysia says Myanmar violence against Muslim Rohingya 'ethnic cleansing'
- Bodies of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victims Returned To Grieving Brazilian Home Town