HTC Ocean release date, specs rumors: HTC to come out with 'buttonless' flagship?
HTC may have inadvertently announced its next flagship as concept designs for an iteration dubbed as HTC Ocean surface online.
The concept phone has been detailed in a design video published online. HTC may have realized its mistake as the video has been taken down since. However, perennial tipster Evan Blass managed to grab the footage.
Although it is not directly highlighted on the video, it is already expected that the HTC Ocean is a flagship device, given that HTC seems to be selling a novel idea — a "buttonless" iteration. In the video, HTC has showcased what it called the Sense Touch feature for the new device. The HTC Ocean seems to have sensors placed on the edges of the flagship, instead of button controls for options like volume, power, and the dedicated camera shutter key. In addition, Sense Touch also seems to indicate voice activation controls in launching apps.
However, it remains to be seen if the Ocean concept is already in the pipeline. According to 9to5Google, HTC designer Danelle Vermeulen, who is credited with the video, says that the flagship remains just that — a conceptual footage. The longtime HTC designer told the industry follower, "Yes, this is just a conceptual piece and does not represent any real product from HTC."
Should HTC decide to push through with the idea, it may be some time before fans will see the Ocean concept turned into a flagship lineup. It is more likely that HTC will still continue with their flagship series, the most current of which is the HTC 10 lineup. In addition, HTC already has a planned flagship series scheduled for release later this year. The tech maker has already partnered with another tech giant, Google, as co-maker for its Pixel and Pixel XL flagships. The two new smartphones are said to launch early next month.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- How Can We Stop People Losing Their Faith?
- 10 Challenging Quotes From St Francis Of Assisi That Will Change The Way You View Faith
- Why Friendship Is A Better Investment Than Romance
- Can Christians Believe In Astrology?
- The Lie Single Christians Believe And How It's Harming Mission
- Corbyn: Labour Can Learn Lessons From Faith Groups' Unity
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians
- Struggling With Comparing Yourself To Others? Time To Do Something About It
- Why Does God Allow Depression?
- Why Are So Many Mexican Priests Being Killed?
- Two Dozen Christians Deported From Saudi Arabia For Praying
- Shocking Rise In Child Rape In Sierra Leone
- Pastor kills himself after mistakenly sending his nude photos intended for his mistress to church members instead
- Filipino church worker who survived terror bombing still thanks God despite death of his wife and son
- ISIS tortures 6 boys to death with use of welding tools; 3 kids caught playing soccer get 30 lashes each