'House of Cards' season 5 air date, spoilers: Frank Underwood to have a Donald Trump-like opponent next season?
Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) might face a Donald Trump-like opponent when "House of Cards" season 5 comes.
Rumors claim that the political drama series will feature a slice of reality by introducing two new characters that are reportedly inspired by the president-elect Donald Trump and his former opponent, Hillary Clinton.
According to speculations, the two new characters will run for the presidency to remove Frank from the White House. But not like the real situation, the Clinton-inspired character will win the US presidency this time.
Although, a report from Gack Hollywood cited a previous interview with Michael Kelly, where the actor who portrays the role of Doug Stamper in the series claimed that the planned addition of the new characters might have nothing to do with the real-life situations. He also said that the script was already done almost a year in advance, which means that any resemblance to the current events could just be a coincidence.
Other details about the plot of "House of Cards" season 5 remain in the dark. But other speculations claim that Frank's, wife Claire (Robin Wright), will be conniving with Doug to assassinate him next season.
Meanwhile, the fifth season of "House of Cards" will be the first one where series creator Beau Willimon will no longer return as showrunner. He will be replaced by Melissa James Gibson and Frank Pugliese, who will both serve as the co-showrunners for season 5.
Spacey, who also serves as the show's executive producer, revealed in a statement posted on Variety that he is looking forward to working with Gibson and Pugliese. On the other hand, the new showrunners claimed that they are also excited to move forward to the next chapter of Frank's schemes in the Oval Office next season.
Netflix has yet to announce the release date of "House of Cards" season 5, but the show is expected to return sometime in 2017.
The producer of the historical epic Ben Hur has described how the Crufixion of Jesus inspired the classic tale of tragedy and forgiveness.
Travis Greene tweeted and instagrammed it with the words: "Family, I have something very special to share – and I wanted you to hear directly from me."
- Christian Movie Producer Mark Burnett On Ben Hur And The Forgiveness Of Christ
- Christian Gospel Star Travis Greene To Perform At Donald Trump Inauguration
- Pendant Similar To That Worn By Anne Frank Unearthed In Nazi Concentration Camp
- Five Evangelistic Ideas That Might Actually Work
- 5 Ways To Cheer Up On Blue Monday
- God, Grant Me The Serenity To Accept The Train Strikes I Cannot Change
- The Death Of John The Baptist: How To See God At Work In Tragedy
- Trump's Inauguration: Why Who Prays Is Always Controversial
- The 6 Religious Leaders Who Will Pray At Trump's Inauguration
- 'God Is In Control': Sister Of Jakarta Governor Accused Of Blasphemy
- 400 Children Living In Slums Baptised In The Philippines
- 'We're In This With You': Iraqi Muslim Rebuilds Crucifix Desecrated By ISIS
- Russian Influence In Syria Grows, Patriarch Kirill Invited To Visit
- Accused Attackers Of Christian Grandmother Stripped Naked By Muslim Mob Walk Free
- 'Demon-Possessed Man Clawed At Me, Uttered Unrepeatable Curses,' Recalls Archbishop After His First Exorcism