Happy Prostitute Ads PHOTOS [VIDEO]: Did campaign glamorize prostitution?
"Happy Prostitute Ads" commissioned by the Healthy Ministry in Brazil to promote safe sex has backfired.
The online campaign, which featured slogans such as "I'm happy being a prostitute" and "I cannot be seen without a condom, my love," have been scrapped after it received wide criticism and backlash for glamorizing prostitution.
The ad had intended to educate the public about sexually transmitted diseases and to reduce prejudice against prostitution.
The Health Ministry's head Alexander Padilha said: "The role of the ministry is to have specific content to encourage prevention among sex workers. He issued a statement after the offensive ad was pulled, saying, "I do not think this is a message the ministry should be sending. For as long as I remain in office and add like that will not be part of our campaigns."
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
Extreme poverty has been forcing many young men and women in Brazil to turn to prostitution, where it is legal in the country.
Prostitution in Brazil is expected to spike as the country prepares for the biggest sporting events in the coming years – the FIFA World Cup in 2014 and the 2016 Olympics. Prostitutes are reportedly learning foreign languages so they can communicate with future clients.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Why The Local Church Is More Important Than Ever In The Digital Age
- What's Wrong With TULIP? Southern Baptists Resist 'Aggressive' Advance Of New Calvinism
- 75 Thoughts You Have At A Carol Service
- Should Protestants Pay More Attention To Mary? And What's The Immaculate Conception Anyway?
- Twitter Lights Up For #NationalChristmasTreeDay
- Four Great Christmas Videos You Might Not Have Come Across
- How Many Presents Should Your Child Receive On Christmas Day?
- 'Father Forgive': How One Christian Woman Learnt To Forgive Her Husband's Murderers
- Are You Living With A Ten-Verse Bible? Here's Why It's So Dangerous For Your Spiritual Health
- Hospitals Destroyed And Millions Starving: The Crisis In Yemen Is Worsening
- Franklin Graham Slams Time Magazine For Comparison Of Hillary Clinton To Moses
- Donald Trump Chooses Climate Sceptic and Committed Christian Scott Pruitt For Top Environment Job
- Christian Politician Faces Controversial Blasphemy Trial In Indonesia
- British Government Has Failed The Christians Of Syria And Iraq, Senior Clergy Say
- Christian Charity Compassion International Could Be Forced Out Of India