Germany arrests 'Auschwitz guard' Hans Lipschis
A 93-year-old man understood to be a former guard at the Auschwitz extermination camp has been arrested by German authorities.
According to media reports, Hans Lipschis was arrested in Aalen, in the southwestern state of Baden-Wuerttemberg, on charges of complicity in the mass murder of prisoners.
Stuttgart prosecutors are preparing the indictment against him. Lipschis told the authorities that he worked as a cook at the camp, situated in Poland, but prosecutors say there is evidence to suggest he had other responsibilities.
A spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office told AFP news agency: "He took on supervisory duties although he did not only work as a guard.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
"We will try to determine concretely when and what he did at Auschwitz."
Lipschis was last month positioned at number four on the Simon Wiesenthal Center's most wanted Nazis list.
The centre says he served in the SS Death's Head Battalion at the camp between 1941 and 1945, during which time "he participated in the mass murder and persecution of innocent civilians, primarily Jews".
An ongoing dispute between a Nigerian bishop and his cathedral is to be dealt with by the primate of the country's Church.
Refugees are still in crisis in France in spite of the demolition of the squalid Calais "jungle" camp.
- 6 Worships Songs You Might Not Know, But Should
- After Trump, What Now For Christians In America? Obama Faith Advisor Speaks Out
- From Bethlehem To Bedford: What If Mary And Joseph Were 21st Century Refugees?
- 10 Brilliant Ways To Countdown To Christmas With Your Kids
- Archbishop Of York: Government Must Not 'Scapegoat' Migrants For Failures In Housing And Jobs
- Buzzfeed, Fixer Upper, And Gay Marriage: 3 Questions To Ask
- Why We Need To Stop Calling Our Opponents 'Evil'
- Scorsese Meets With Pope Before Vatican Screening Of Oscar-Tipped Christian Persecution Movie
- Netflix's 'Stranger Things' Inspires Christian Charity Christmas Video
- Thousands Fleeing ISIS At Risk As Temperatures Plummet Near Mosul
- Religious Freedom 'Deteriorated Tremendously' In 2016
- 200,000 Muslims Protest In Jakarta To Demand Jail For Christian Governor
- Ancient Set of Books Mentioning Jesus Christ Is Genuine, Scholars Confirm
- Father of Colombia Plane Crash Survivor Believes God Saved His Son
- New Photos Reveal Shocking Horrors Of Life In North Korea's Brutal Prison Camps