Germany arrests 'Auschwitz guard' Hans Lipschis
A 93-year-old man understood to be a former guard at the Auschwitz extermination camp has been arrested by German authorities.
According to media reports, Hans Lipschis was arrested in Aalen, in the southwestern state of Baden-Wuerttemberg, on charges of complicity in the mass murder of prisoners.
Stuttgart prosecutors are preparing the indictment against him. Lipschis told the authorities that he worked as a cook at the camp, situated in Poland, but prosecutors say there is evidence to suggest he had other responsibilities.
A spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office told AFP news agency: "He took on supervisory duties although he did not only work as a guard.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
"We will try to determine concretely when and what he did at Auschwitz."
Lipschis was last month positioned at number four on the Simon Wiesenthal Center's most wanted Nazis list.
The centre says he served in the SS Death's Head Battalion at the camp between 1941 and 1945, during which time "he participated in the mass murder and persecution of innocent civilians, primarily Jews".
Mexico has been accused of a "policy of denial" over the thousands of evangelicals forced out their homes for their beliefs.
Bank of England governor Mark Carney warned on Monday that the openness of the world economy is endangered by growing frustration among many voters.
- Revelation 7: What's It Like In Heaven?
- 6 Worships Songs You Might Not Know, But Should
- After Trump, What Now For Christians In America? Obama Faith Advisor Speaks Out
- From Bethlehem To Bedford: What If Mary And Joseph Were 21st Century Refugees?
- 10 Brilliant Ways To Countdown To Christmas With Your Kids
- No Women Speakers At Your Christian Event? Here's How That Could Change
- Archbishop Of York: Government Must Not 'Scapegoat' Migrants For Failures In Housing And Jobs
- The First Trailer For The Shack Movie Is Here... And It Looks Heartbreaking, Beautiful And Brilliant
- Christian Artists Threatened With Fines and Jail Time for Refusing to Make Gay Wedding Invitations
- Christianity Should Have Bigger Part in U.S. Schooling, Trump's Education Secretary Says
- 3 Christian Converts Locked Up in Iran Jail for Their Faith 'Miraculously' Set Free
- US Church Sprayed With Bible Verse About The Killing Of 185,000 Assyrian Christians
- Trump, Farage, Erdogan, Modi All Make TIME Person Of The Year Shortlist
- Turkey Crackdown Turns On US Christians, Analysts Warn