'Fences' release date, news: Cast portrays story worthy of Oscar nod
The awards season is coming very quickly, and each individual has a film in mind. Despite differences in preference, it is no secret that Denzel Washington's "Fences" is one of the noisiest movies that could possibly rake in the trophies with its heartfelt drama and convincing portrayal of an August Wilson play.
The newest trailer for the film shows almost every facet of humanity. Troy Maxson (Denzel Washington) struggles to provide for his family, which can be seen as falling apart. Rose Maxson (Viola Davis) is already filled to the brim with standing by quietly while she fails to achieve her own hopes and dreams. Their son Cory Maxson (Jovan Adepo) doesn't feel loved despite trying his very best to be recognized.
There is a bit of humor, a sprinkle of worry, a dash of betrayal, a pint of pride and everything award-winning. The dynamics among the cast is very palpable and authentic, inviting audiences to discover with them how the complex story is going to come to a close, and hopefully a good one at that.
Hollywood Reporter praises the cast of the film, making special points toward Washington and Davis who have played the roles before. Washington portrays very well how a man carries himself with pride to the point of sometimes being boisterous and unreasonable. Davis counters this and supports him by showing how Rose keeps up with life with Troy, where despite his flaws she still grows to love him and stand beside him.
As such analysis is made by a lot of critics, it isn't difficult to see how the ensemble could win big in the upcoming awards. Backstage enumerates the ways the cast can make the spectacle possible.
Washington could make it big in the director and actor's category, considering the material is already something close to his heart. Having two Academy award wins under his belt means he is an eligible candidate for the honor.
Davis also never pales in front of the camera, holding her own in portraying her role as Rose. The two-time Oscar nominee has been making waves for quite some time now, and the time is ripe for her to be recognized.
"Fences" opens in cinemas on Dec. 25, 2016.
Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman took on the role of God in the 2003 film "Bruce Almighty" and its follow-up film "Evan Almighty" in 2007. But this time around, he hopes to be given the opportunity to play the devil.
Moonlight star and Oscar nominee Mahershala Ali has spoken movingly of facing discrimination as a black man after converting from Christianity to Islam.
- Why Are Black Majority Churches Growing So Fast In The UK?
- These Are 5 Qualities That Make A Great Pastor
- When Is Ash Wednesday 2017?
- She Was Looking For Matches To Get High On Heroin – And Instead She Found A Bible And Met Jesus
- The Mystery Of Millennials: They Aren't Who You Think They Are
- Sunday Swimming Row In Scotland Makes A Splash
- Rome's Catholics And Jews Unite In Art Exhibition Celebrating Ancient Biblical Symbol
- 'Chariots Of Fire' Star Eric Liddell: A Life Dedicated To His God
- Moonlight Star Speaks Of Abuse After Converting From Christianity To Islam
- Family Of Missing Christian Woman In Egypt Accuse Police Of Complicity In Her Kidnapping
- 'Hopeless' Muslim Family Try To Commit Suicide — But God Heals Them, With Dead Son Even Restored To Life
- Archaeologists To Start Digging Ancient Site Where They Believe The Ark Of The Covenant Once Stood
- Former Archbishop Of Canterbury Calls Out 'Horrific Blow' Of Famine In South Sudan As UK Announces New Aid Package
- Christians Should Employ Illegal Migrants, Says Norwegian Priest
- Armed Conflict, Starvation And Sickness: The Forgotten Children Caught Up In Lake Chad's Crisis