Downton Abbey Season 4 spoilers, cast news: Paul Giamatti's start date schedule - to premiere at Christmas alongside Shirley MacLaine
Downton Abbey Season 4 is eagerly anticipated by fans, and new spoilers and cast rumors are emerging concerning the upcoming season.
In recent news it has been confirmed that Oscar-nominated US actor Paul Giamatti is to join the cast of the hit ITV show. He will join the cast on the Christmas episode, and should be a great addition to the show.
Giamatti will star alongside Elizabeth McGovern as Harold, the brother of Lady Grantham.
Other cast rumors suggest that Dame Kiri Te Kanawa and actor Nigel Harman will appear in the 4th season of the hit TV show.
Gareth Neame, from production company Carnival Films, has said, "We're excited that Paul Giamatti will be joining us on Downton to play Cora's brother Harold, the rather free-spirited uncle to Mary and Edith."
He added, "We can't wait to see him work alongside Shirley MacLaine, who are both sure to upset the Granthams' apple cart in this year's Christmas Day episode."
The British-American drama has become hugely popular in the United States, and this is being reflected in the many new additions of American actors.
According to the BBC, 12.3 million Americans watched the finale of Season 3 on 17 February – that broke the viewership record for broadcaster PBS.
Giamatti is an established actor, having starred in numerous Hollywood movies, as well as winning Emmy and Golden Globe awards for his role as former US president John Adams.
He is currently filming The Amazing Spider-Man 2, where he is playing The Rhino.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
Ex-ISIS child soldier recalls horror of seeing kids playing with severed heads of executed prisoners
ISIS has been known to exploit children and hone them into soldiers and assets for the group. One of them was a boy named Ibrahim, a former ISIS soldier whose horrific experience with the militant group are forever etched on his mind.
- Top 5 daily prayer apps to help your devotional life
- Finding God in the midst of suffering
- Rahab the prostitute: Was she a traitor or a heroine?
- Why going to church could be the best way of evangelising
- Tom Daley and Christian Voice: What the Twitter row really has to teach us
- Why being part of a church is not optional for Christians
- Seduction and beheading: What a dark Bible story tells us about goodness
- Why it's time to stop saying 'God has a special someone planned for you'
- The Story of Christ: Feature film shot in virtual reality to be released this Christmas
- Beauty queen thanks parents' faith in God for decision not to abort her despite her disability
- Bishops in Nigeria warn government against promoting culture of contraception, abortion
- Continued persecution: Christian leader in China gets 7 years in jail for 'harming social stability'
- Parents give the credit to God after their 16-year-old son survives deadly brain-eating amoeba
- Egypt: Knife-wielding attacker shot dead after stabbing guard at Coptic church
- Mark Driscoll hits out at polygamy and warns it could be legal within two decades