'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 cast: New pro dancers announced, full cast reveal soon
The long wait for the list of pro dancers in "Dancing With the Stars" Season 19 is finally over. "DWTS" has made the announcement via "Good Morning America." There are other surprises revealed too.
On August 12, "DWTS" official Twitter posted a tease about the upcoming announcement that will be made on the ABC morning show. On Wednesday, the official announcement was made on "Good Morning America."
There are three new pros added to the roster and as presumed, Maksim Chmerkovskiy wasn't in the final list. This isn't much of a surprise since Chmerkovskiy did say that he was done dancing for the show already.
Mak's brother Val Chmerkovskiy was asked about what it will feel like with the absence of his brother, to which he answered, "It will feel perfectly normal." However, showrunner Rob Wade is still hoping that Maks will return to the show.
"I'm absolutely hoping Maks comes back to the show. I don't know whether it's going to be as a dancer. I think there's a number of different things we can talk to him about and the way he'd be involved in the show. Maks will always be part of 'Dancing With the Stars' in some way," Wade told E!.
"In some way" might just mean that Maks could return as a guest judge for the show now that it is confirmed that Len Goodman will not be judging in season 19.
The complete list of "Dancing With the Stars" Season 19 pro dancers include, Tony Dovolani, Val Chmerkovskiy, Mark Ballas, Derek Hough, Artem Chignitsev, Keoikantse Motsepe, Cheryl Burke, Karina Smirnoff, Witney Carson, Peta Murgatroyd, Emma Slater and Allison Holker.
The other surprises that were revealed were about some tiny changes or additions to the show itself. It was revealed that the Tuesday night results show will only happen in the first two weeks of the dancing competition. Also, there will be a partner and guest judge switch up.
The complete celebrity cast announcement will be made in a few weeks. But according to rumors, Kandi Burruss, Kyle Richards, Tamry Barney, Vicki Gunvalson, Tim Howard, Landon Donovan, Andi Dorfman and James Storm will be joining.
Catch the season 19 premiere of "Dancing With the Stars" on September 15, at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Russell Wilson addresses controversy that he cancelled North Carolina wedding because of transgender bathroom law
NFL star Russell Wilson from the Seattle Seahawks was supposed to tie the knot with Ciara in North Carolina. However, the two changed their mind after the state passed House Bill 2, which prohibits any city from enacting ordinances that will allow transgenders to use restrooms coinciding with their preferred gender.
Well-known country singer Dolly Parton, responsible for hits such as "Jolene" and "I Will Always Love You," has never shied away from talking about her Christian faith. The singer is actually proud of her relationship with God, and recently revealed that it helps calm her pre-show jitters.
- It's not Christian to be nice
- Christian Small Group: The rejected TV pilot
- Earthquakes and floods: Is God punishing people?
- Does money really stop us getting into heaven?
- The Bible study method that helps small groups really work
- Revelation 2: Has the church lost its first love?
- Should Christian charities take atheists' money?
- Top 5 daily prayer apps to help your devotional life
- 'We are living in darkness': The heartbreaking suffering of refugees stranded in Greece
- Indonesia: Priest injured in suspected church 'terror' attack
- Christian shot by Muslim hater saved others before he died
- Man in horrific crash sees vision of God in 'glowing chariot' flying through the air, lifting and saving him
- It's OK for Christians to worry about refugees in U.S., religious freedom activist says
- Archbishop from Uganda says beating of children, wives at home should stop
- Italy earthquake: State funeral held for 35 victims