'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 cast: New pro dancers announced, full cast reveal soon
The long wait for the list of pro dancers in "Dancing With the Stars" Season 19 is finally over. "DWTS" has made the announcement via "Good Morning America." There are other surprises revealed too.
On August 12, "DWTS" official Twitter posted a tease about the upcoming announcement that will be made on the ABC morning show. On Wednesday, the official announcement was made on "Good Morning America."
There are three new pros added to the roster and as presumed, Maksim Chmerkovskiy wasn't in the final list. This isn't much of a surprise since Chmerkovskiy did say that he was done dancing for the show already.
Mak's brother Val Chmerkovskiy was asked about what it will feel like with the absence of his brother, to which he answered, "It will feel perfectly normal." However, showrunner Rob Wade is still hoping that Maks will return to the show.
"I'm absolutely hoping Maks comes back to the show. I don't know whether it's going to be as a dancer. I think there's a number of different things we can talk to him about and the way he'd be involved in the show. Maks will always be part of 'Dancing With the Stars' in some way," Wade told E!.
"In some way" might just mean that Maks could return as a guest judge for the show now that it is confirmed that Len Goodman will not be judging in season 19.
The complete list of "Dancing With the Stars" Season 19 pro dancers include, Tony Dovolani, Val Chmerkovskiy, Mark Ballas, Derek Hough, Artem Chignitsev, Keoikantse Motsepe, Cheryl Burke, Karina Smirnoff, Witney Carson, Peta Murgatroyd, Emma Slater and Allison Holker.
The other surprises that were revealed were about some tiny changes or additions to the show itself. It was revealed that the Tuesday night results show will only happen in the first two weeks of the dancing competition. Also, there will be a partner and guest judge switch up.
The complete celebrity cast announcement will be made in a few weeks. But according to rumors, Kandi Burruss, Kyle Richards, Tamry Barney, Vicki Gunvalson, Tim Howard, Landon Donovan, Andi Dorfman and James Storm will be joining.
Catch the season 19 premiere of "Dancing With the Stars" on September 15, at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman took on the role of God in the 2003 film "Bruce Almighty" and its follow-up film "Evan Almighty" in 2007. But this time around, he hopes to be given the opportunity to play the devil.
Moonlight star and Oscar nominee Mahershala Ali has spoken movingly of facing discrimination as a black man after converting from Christianity to Islam.
- The Mystery Of Millennials: They Aren't Who You Think They Are
- Sunday Swimming Row In Scotland Makes A Splash
- Rome's Catholics And Jews Unite In Art Exhibition Celebrating Ancient Biblical Symbol
- 'Chariots Of Fire' Star Eric Liddell: A Life Dedicated To His God
- Moonlight Star Speaks Of Abuse After Converting From Christianity To Islam
- Planning A Christian Wedding? Here Are Eight Tips
- What I Learned At Soul Survivor's #NaturallySupernatural Conference
- Not Ashamed Of The Gospel: How Paul Still Speaks To Us Today
- Fixer Upper Stars Launch New Wallpaper Range – 'They Completely Transform A Room'
- Pastor Describes Walking Out Of Trump's 'Demonic' Florida Rally With His Daughter 'Sobbing In Fear'
- Islamic Leader Promises To Protect Christians And Hindus From Persecution
- U.S. Republicans, Democrats Unite To Support Pastor Imprisoned In Turkey, Ask Turkish President To Free Him
- Pope Blasts Politicians For 'Populist Rhetoric' And 'Self-Centredness' Over Migrants
- Archbishop Of Canterbury Warns Of Crisis In South Sudan As Millions Face Starvation
- Milo Yiannopoulos Dis-Invited By Conservative Conference After Pressure From Christians