'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 cast: New pro dancers announced, full cast reveal soon
The long wait for the list of pro dancers in "Dancing With the Stars" Season 19 is finally over. "DWTS" has made the announcement via "Good Morning America." There are other surprises revealed too.
On August 12, "DWTS" official Twitter posted a tease about the upcoming announcement that will be made on the ABC morning show. On Wednesday, the official announcement was made on "Good Morning America."
There are three new pros added to the roster and as presumed, Maksim Chmerkovskiy wasn't in the final list. This isn't much of a surprise since Chmerkovskiy did say that he was done dancing for the show already.
Mak's brother Val Chmerkovskiy was asked about what it will feel like with the absence of his brother, to which he answered, "It will feel perfectly normal." However, showrunner Rob Wade is still hoping that Maks will return to the show.
"I'm absolutely hoping Maks comes back to the show. I don't know whether it's going to be as a dancer. I think there's a number of different things we can talk to him about and the way he'd be involved in the show. Maks will always be part of 'Dancing With the Stars' in some way," Wade told E!.
"In some way" might just mean that Maks could return as a guest judge for the show now that it is confirmed that Len Goodman will not be judging in season 19.
The complete list of "Dancing With the Stars" Season 19 pro dancers include, Tony Dovolani, Val Chmerkovskiy, Mark Ballas, Derek Hough, Artem Chignitsev, Keoikantse Motsepe, Cheryl Burke, Karina Smirnoff, Witney Carson, Peta Murgatroyd, Emma Slater and Allison Holker.
The other surprises that were revealed were about some tiny changes or additions to the show itself. It was revealed that the Tuesday night results show will only happen in the first two weeks of the dancing competition. Also, there will be a partner and guest judge switch up.
The complete celebrity cast announcement will be made in a few weeks. But according to rumors, Kandi Burruss, Kyle Richards, Tamry Barney, Vicki Gunvalson, Tim Howard, Landon Donovan, Andi Dorfman and James Storm will be joining.
Catch the season 19 premiere of "Dancing With the Stars" on September 15, at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Today sees the release of Identity, the latest album from Christian artist and 'American Idol' alumt Colton Dixon. It's a heartfelt, ambitious and anthemic effort, worthy of your attention.
'God is tempting me'; 'It's God's fault'; 'The devil made me do it.' We use many creative excuses to rationalise our sin!
- Collateral damage: how factional fighting in the Church damages us all
- #PrayForLondon is the latest #PrayFor hashtag to trend. Sadly, there have been many others
- 6 Scripture verses about the heart – and why they don't mean what you think
- Study shows 'religious' countries are worse at science. What does this really tell us?
- 5 truths to cling to in the midst of uncertainty
- 'Identity' by Colton Dixon: An ambitious, vibrant and hopeful anthem
- Don't blame Islam, don't blame religion: It's people that make the world violent
- Persevering when times are tough: 6 scriptures to help you keep going
- Is it ever God's fault when we sin?
- Douglas Carswell quits UKIP, says he will remain as independent MP
- Pope Francis warns EU risks dying, faces 'vacuum of values'
- Israel 'ignores' UN demand to end settlement building in occupied territories
- Republicans in disarray as Trump fails to repeal Obamacare
- Pastor reveals horror of child sacrifices in Uganda, claims murder of innocents is big business
- Christianity is 'over' in Iraq, but 'God is not dead despite terrible persecution,' says 'Vicar of Baghdad'