Cow falls on man VIDEO: 1 ton animal fell through roof and landed on bed, crushing victim
A cow has fallen on a man, crushing him to death and injuring his wife in an extraordinary incident in Brazil last week. The Brazilian victim was called Joao Maria de Souza, 45, and he was killed when a large cow fell through the roof of his house, landing on him and his wife as they slept in bed.
A man has suffered an unusual death after a cow fell on him.
Joao Maria de Souza, 45, tragically died when a large cow fell through the roof of his house and landed on him and his wife as they laid in bed together.
The Brazilian man was crushed instantly by the cow, which is believed to have weight over a ton.
The cow is believed to have been crazing in the fields in the town of Caratinga, near Maria de Souza's house. It then somehow made its way onto the roof of the house, which was too weak to support the massive weight of the cow.
The victim was sleeping when the animal fell on him. He later died due to internal bleeding from injuries.
"Being crushed by a cow in your bed is the last way you expect to leave this earth," said the victim's brother. He said the time it took for paramedics to arrive was too long. "But in my view it wasn't the cow that killed our Joao, it was the unacceptable time he spent waiting to be examined."
The cow reportedly escaped from a nearby farm near the victim's house and had wandered off.
The investigation continues into the death of the man. His wife was reportedly uninjured.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- 6 Scripture verses about the heart – and why they don't mean what you think
- Study shows 'religious' countries are worse at science. What does this really tell us?
- 5 truths to cling to in the midst of uncertainty
- 'Identity' by Colton Dixon: An ambitious, vibrant and hopeful anthem
- Don't blame Islam, don't blame religion: It's people that make the world violent
- Persevering when times are tough: 6 scriptures to help you keep going
- Is it ever God's fault when we sin?
- Music in church can be a battlefield. So what's the point of it?
- In His Grip: A guide to Christian email sign-offs
- In Afghanistan, more than 1 in 10 babies die at birth. Here's why – and how it can change
- #PrayForLondon is the latest #PrayFor hashtag to trend. Sadly, there have been many others
- Fortune's 50 greatest leaders: Who is the one religious figure?
- Hillsong has a 'no tolerance' policy on paedophiles, Brian Houston tells Royal Commission
- U.S. sees 700% rise in doomsday bunker sales amid talk of coming 'Apocalypse'
- Archaeologists shed light on Jesus' life and times with discovery of crucifixion nails, other clues