Casey Anthony owes $100K to search company who looked for Caylee (video)
Casey Anthony, the woman acquitted of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Anthony, reportedly owes over $100,000 in expenses to a Texas search and rescue organisation that was involved in the search for her child.
According to recent bankruptcy court documents, attorneys for Texas Equusearch Mounted Search and Recovery say that Anthony knew that her daughter was already dead when the search team began their search for Caylee in 2008.
The 27-year-old first reported her daughter missing in 2008, before later changing her story multiple times. She was arrested and charged with first-degree murder of her child. But after a six week trial, she was found not guilty on all counts of of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, and aggravated manslaughter. Her attorney claimed that Caylee had accidentally drowned in a family swimming pool.
Three years after the death of Caylee, Anthony's acquittal in July 2011 was a shock to the nation, and she had since gone into hiding in Florida. She filed for bankruptcy in January this year, claiming that she is unemployed, has just $1,000 in assets and $792,000 in liabilities. According to ABC News, Equusearch says that the $100,000 debt should not be discharged from Anthony.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- What Does The Bible Have To Say About A Trump Presidency?
- Truth And Justice Meet: Why We Should Celebrate The Freedom Of Chelsea Manning
- Unsatisfied At Work? Here's How To Find Fulfilment
- Auschwitz Memorial Museum Director Appeals For Death Camp Staff Documents
- Real Christian Men Do This
- Hope Amid Crisis: Testimonies Of Christian Transformation In War-Torn Syria
- From Homelessness To Hope: Catholic Priest Who Met God On The Streets
- Bishop Eddie Long's Daughter Calls Her Father 'Perfect' In Heartfelt Remembrance
- President's Inauguration And The Bible: An Unconstitutional Convention
- Abortionist Repents, Becomes Pro-Life Advocate After Seeing in His Dreams the Faces of the Children He Killed
- Islamist Extremists Are Killing Christians in Syria Who Refuse to Deny Jesus, Pastor Reveals
- Christians In Sri Lanka Worship Outdoors After Buddhist Radicals Destroyed Their Church
- Muslims Hide Christian Paintings In Former Church To Prevent 'Influence' During Worship
- Chinese Church Leader To Stand Trial As Clampdown On Christianity Tightens
- Persecution Continues In Sudan As Pastor Forced To Leave Over 'Evangelistic Activities'