Black Forest Fire evacuation MAP [UPDATE]: Mandatory evacuation zone extended, fires may grow to 11,000 acres
The evacuation zone for the Black Forest Colorado fire which has been raging since Tuesday has expanded to the north and west today. The fire is expected to increase up to 11,000 acres.
The northern boundary of the evacuation zone has extended to Walker Road while the western boundary extended to Highway 83, according to ABC 7.
The Elbert County Sheriff has also announced residents of southern Elbert County to evacuate from the county line north to County Road 106 on north and N. Elbert Road on the east.
Officials estimate that up to 9,500 residents are in the evacuation area.
The weather remains dry and windy, making the fire very hard to control.
A voluntary evacuation has been issued for residents of the City of Colorado Springs. The zone covers West to I-25 and all areas north of Old Ranch Road within the City limits of Colorado Springs.
See below for an updated interactive map of the mandatory evacuation zone for the Black Forest fire based on the information shared by the El Paso County Sheriff's Office.
View Black Forest Fire Evacuation Map in a larger map
Here are seven important facts everyone should be aware of regarding Zika Virus.
An evangelical pastor spanked women's bare bottoms to administer "spiritual discipline", a court has been told.
- Jairus' daughter and the sick woman: What links these two stories?
- Finding Dory review: Beautiful and hilarious but too dangerous for my 10-year-old and 93,468 other children
- Who's backing Trump and who's for Clinton? The battle for evangelical endorsements
- How 'intentional' are you - with yourself and with God?
- The 99 thoughts you have while listening to a sermon
- Jacques Hamel: The humble priest who was 'treasured' by the community
- Star Trek Beyond: searching for hope in a godless universe
- Controversial evangelist, activist and bestselling 'Left Behind' author dies aged 90
- Scotland's Christian 'saint in the making' Margaret Sinclair to star in new play
- Church leaders appeal for calm as elections approach in South Africa
- Pope falls while celebrating Mass in Poland
- Muslim doctor forced to flee Pakistan for saving Christian's life
- Animals have no souls, says Pastor Robert Jeffress
- Clinton campaign condemns Israeli flag-burning outside Democratic convention
- Analysis: How Hillary Clinton's abortion platform is the most liberal in Democrat history