Black Forest Fire evacuation MAP [UPDATE]: Mandatory evacuation zone extended, fires may grow to 11,000 acres
The evacuation zone for the Black Forest Colorado fire which has been raging since Tuesday has expanded to the north and west today. The fire is expected to increase up to 11,000 acres.
The northern boundary of the evacuation zone has extended to Walker Road while the western boundary extended to Highway 83, according to ABC 7.
The Elbert County Sheriff has also announced residents of southern Elbert County to evacuate from the county line north to County Road 106 on north and N. Elbert Road on the east.
Officials estimate that up to 9,500 residents are in the evacuation area.
The weather remains dry and windy, making the fire very hard to control.
A voluntary evacuation has been issued for residents of the City of Colorado Springs. The zone covers West to I-25 and all areas north of Old Ranch Road within the City limits of Colorado Springs.
See below for an updated interactive map of the mandatory evacuation zone for the Black Forest fire based on the information shared by the El Paso County Sheriff's Office.
View Black Forest Fire Evacuation Map in a larger map
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- 'Supergroup' Of Chorister Kids Releases Album Of Choral Classics
- The Great Wall Review: A Boundary-Shifting Movie That Might Get Donald Trump Worried
- Why We Should Not Take Ourselves Too Seriously: 7 Fun Looks At Evangelical Christian Culture
- Why Did Jesus Ask A Blind Man If He Wanted Healing?
- A Radical Way To Buy Your Own Home - Thanks To God And Christian Mission
- 8 Moments You'll Only Understand If You're A Calvinist
- Why Trump's Rambling, Incoherent Press Conference Is So Worrying
- When Are British Bank Holidays In 2017?
- Why Christians Should Beware Of Random Acts Of Kindness
- ISIS Drowns 13 Civilians, Execute 8 Others In Mosul, Kirkuk On Charges of Collaborating With The Enemy
- Christians In Mideast Reject Trump Plan To Prioritise U.S. Resettlement Of Christian Refugees: 'Wrong Message, Wrong Policy'
- Boko Haram Has Murdered 100,000, Displaced 2 Million In War To Wipe Out Christianity In Nigeria
- Malaysia Arrests North Korean Man As Row Over Kim Jong Nam's Death Escalates
- Islamist Extremists Spill More Christian Blood In Egypt Amid Fears That More Attacks Are Forthcoming
- Mother Of Man Who Killed Pastor Turns To Christ After Church Shows Forgiveness, Compassion