'Big Hero 7' release date update: Sequel not yet confirmed but likely to premiere in 2018
The Disney movie "Big Hero 6" was such a great hit and fans are very eager for its expected sequel, "Big Hero 7." There has been no confirmation if a sequel is already in the making, but speculations point to a premiere in 2018.
"Big Hero 6" became one of Disney's highest grossing animated films, which is enough reason to believe that Disney will be creating a sequel. In a previous interview with Screenrant, Genesis Rodriguez — who voiced Honey Lemon — revealed, "There's rumblings of something else happening. I mean yesterday I just saw that it's the third most grossing Disney animated feature, so this is huge for them. I doubt that they wouldn't want to do another one. It was a huge success."
As previously reported by Variety, "Big Hero 6" director Chris Williams said that the sequel must have a great story to unfold. "If it's not a great story, it won't be a great movie. The crew deserves a great story. And we have expectations from the audience, who grew up with Disney animation."
Directors Williams and Don Hall wouldn't want to disappoint the "Big Hero 6" fanbase with a story that they don't feel strongly about.
One of the rumors about the possible storyline for "Big Hero 7" is Hiro's brother — Tadashi Hamada — becoming the sequel's new villain. Because Tadashi's body was not found in the explosion that allegedly killed him, some fans believe that he survived and has turned into Sunfire, who has the ability to fly and create superheated plasma.
It is expected that after the Hamada brothers battle head to head, Tadashi will have a change of heart and join their team of superheroes, leading to the formation of "Big Hero 7."
Marvel Comics writer Stan Lee teased that they will start working on the "Big Hero 6" sequel after "Doctor Strange," "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2," "Black Panther," and "Inhumans." With the given timeline of movie releases, it is expected that "Big Hero 7" will be ready to premiere sometime in 2018.
'Duck Dynasty' Star Si Robertson Claims He's Been Proposed To Multiple Times Despite Being Married For 45 Years
"Duck Dynasty" star Si Robertson, better known in the show as Uncle Si, has truly experienced the perks of being a reality star.
Josh And Anna Duggar Celebrate 8th Wedding Anniversary; Josh's Parents 'Thankful For God's Redemptive Love'
The past year was undoubtedly difficult for "19 Kids and Counting" stars Josh and Anna Duggar principally because of the two scandals that rocked their lives — Josh's child molestation case and his admission of unfaithfulness to his wife resulting from the exposure of his account in the Ashley Madison adultery website.
- It's Time For Christians To Go To War On Antisemitism
- Could This App Help The Gospel Reach The Muslim World?
- Why I'm Glad To Be A Christian Extremist
- Why Are Tens Of Thousands Of Christians Celebrating In Ethiopia?
- How To Be A Really Bad Disciple
- Holy Fury: Why Christians Are Sometimes Just Too Nice
- When The Right Goes Bad: Why Christians Shouldn't Be Fooled By The 'Declaration Of Dependence '
- Should Christians Practise Yoga?
- How Can We Stop People Losing Their Faith?
- Crossway's U-Turn On ESV: Permanent, Final Translation Was A 'Mistake'
- The Chutzpah Of Israel's Dealings With Pope Francis
- Child Sex Abuse In Non-Christian Religions: Why We Need To Know More
- How Christians In Iraq are Starting To Rebuild Lives Out Of The Ashes Left By Islamic State
- Hillsong Pastor Calls Out 'All Lives Matter' Mantra
- Church Building Law Moves Forward In Egypt After String Of Attacks Against Christians