Android Jelly Bean 4.3 update: Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2, Sony Xperia Z series official updates confirmed
Google released the updated Android 4.3 Jelly Bean mobile OS on July 24 along with its latest mini-tablet, the new Nexus 7.
Google confirmed that Galaxy Nexus owners would receive an update, and there is confirmation that the updates have started rolling out to international Samsung Galaxy Nexus devices. Updates have also been rolling out for the Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and Galaxy Nexus.
The software update is being rolled over-the-air, and users will be waiting to see when it will hit their smartphones. Just after a week of the 4.3 Jelly Bean update announcement, users are already reporting that they have received update notifications. When the update is made available to Nexus owners, the device will prompt owners to download the software and it will install itself.
New features of the 4.3 Jelly Bean update are: Bluetooth Low Energy support, OpenGL ES 3.0 Graphics Support, updated DRM APIs for media streaming, Bluetooth Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.3 support, 4K resolution support, Google Play Game Center, updated sensor with low battery consumption, bug fixes and many security/performance enhancements.
Meanwhile, devices that have yet to receive the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update is likely to skip that update to the latest 4.3 upgrade.
Vodaphone Australia has confirmed that it will be skipping its Android 4.2 update for an older Nexus device and instead waiting for the new 4.3 update. Vodaphone Australia's Samsung Galaxy Nexus currently runs on 4.1.2 and it will be updated directedly to the 4.3 rather than the 4.2 update in between.
For Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note owners who want an unofficial version of the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean software may install it manually.
Galaxy Note N7000 owners who want to upgrade their phablets to the Android 4.3 via CyanogenMod 10.2 test build can click here for details on how to install the software.
Galaxy S3 I9300 owners looking to upgrade their smartphones through the CyanogenMod 10.2 test build can click here.
Official Android 4.3 updates are expected soon for the Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Galaxy Note 2, Sony's Xperia Z and Xperia Z Ultra. Sony has confirmed the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update to the Xperia Z, Xperia ZR, Xperia ZL, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia SP and other devices.
See a video of the Android 4.3 running on the Nexus 4 below:
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- 10 Quotes From Martin Luther King Jr That Will Inspire You To Fight For Justice
- Five Evangelistic Ideas That Might Actually Work
- 5 Ways To Cheer Up On Blue Monday
- God, Grant Me The Serenity To Accept The Train Strikes I Cannot Change
- The Death Of John The Baptist: How To See God At Work In Tragedy
- Trump's Inauguration: Why Who Prays Is Always Controversial
- The 6 Religious Leaders Who Will Pray At Trump's Inauguration
- England Has One, America Never Has. Is A State Church A Good Idea?
- Seven Years On: What Haiti Tells Us About Extreme Poverty And The Gospel Of Hope
- Russian Influence In Syria Grows, Patriarch Kirill Invited To Visit
- Accused Attackers Of Christian Grandmother Stripped Naked By Muslim Mob Walk Free
- 'Demon-Possessed Man Clawed At Me, Uttered Unrepeatable Curses,' Recalls Archbishop After His First Exorcism
- Pope Francis Makes Passionate Appeal For Care Of Child Migrants
- Austria's Far-Right Freedom Party Calls For Ban On 'Fascistic Islam'
- Iraq Special Forces Sweep Mosul University For Remaining Militants