Android Jelly Bean 4.3 update: Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2, Sony Xperia Z series official updates confirmed
Google released the updated Android 4.3 Jelly Bean mobile OS on July 24 along with its latest mini-tablet, the new Nexus 7.
Google confirmed that Galaxy Nexus owners would receive an update, and there is confirmation that the updates have started rolling out to international Samsung Galaxy Nexus devices. Updates have also been rolling out for the Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and Galaxy Nexus.
The software update is being rolled over-the-air, and users will be waiting to see when it will hit their smartphones. Just after a week of the 4.3 Jelly Bean update announcement, users are already reporting that they have received update notifications. When the update is made available to Nexus owners, the device will prompt owners to download the software and it will install itself.
New features of the 4.3 Jelly Bean update are: Bluetooth Low Energy support, OpenGL ES 3.0 Graphics Support, updated DRM APIs for media streaming, Bluetooth Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.3 support, 4K resolution support, Google Play Game Center, updated sensor with low battery consumption, bug fixes and many security/performance enhancements.
Meanwhile, devices that have yet to receive the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update is likely to skip that update to the latest 4.3 upgrade.
Vodaphone Australia has confirmed that it will be skipping its Android 4.2 update for an older Nexus device and instead waiting for the new 4.3 update. Vodaphone Australia's Samsung Galaxy Nexus currently runs on 4.1.2 and it will be updated directedly to the 4.3 rather than the 4.2 update in between.
For Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note owners who want an unofficial version of the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean software may install it manually.
Galaxy Note N7000 owners who want to upgrade their phablets to the Android 4.3 via CyanogenMod 10.2 test build can click here for details on how to install the software.
Galaxy S3 I9300 owners looking to upgrade their smartphones through the CyanogenMod 10.2 test build can click here.
Official Android 4.3 updates are expected soon for the Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Galaxy Note 2, Sony's Xperia Z and Xperia Z Ultra. Sony has confirmed the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update to the Xperia Z, Xperia ZR, Xperia ZL, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia SP and other devices.
See a video of the Android 4.3 running on the Nexus 4 below:
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Holy Fury: Why Christians Are Sometimes Just Too Nice
- When The Right Goes Bad: Why Christians Shouldn't Be Fooled By The 'Declaration Of Dependence '
- Should Christians Practise Yoga?
- How Can We Stop People Losing Their Faith?
- Why John Piper's View Of Christian Hierarchy Is Fundamentally Secular
- 10 Challenging Quotes From St Francis Of Assisi That Will Change The Way You View Faith
- Why Friendship Is A Better Investment Than Romance
- Can Christians Believe In Astrology?
- The Lie Single Christians Believe And How It's Harming Mission
- ISIS Executes 6 Fighters By Crushing Them With A Bulldozer
- Thousands of people accept Jesus Christ into their hearts as missionaries spark revival in Kenya
- Iraqi Parliament Votes Against New Christian Province In Nineveh Plain
- Thousands protest against same-sex marriage plan in Mexico, call for defence of family values, marriage institution
- Christian missionary ready to risk death to spread the Gospel in his war-torn home of South Sudan
- ISIS executes scores of prisoners in new 'Hell of the Apostates' propaganda video