Android Jelly Bean 4.3 update: Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2, Sony Xperia Z series official updates confirmed
Google released the updated Android 4.3 Jelly Bean mobile OS on July 24 along with its latest mini-tablet, the new Nexus 7.
Google confirmed that Galaxy Nexus owners would receive an update, and there is confirmation that the updates have started rolling out to international Samsung Galaxy Nexus devices. Updates have also been rolling out for the Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and Galaxy Nexus.
The software update is being rolled over-the-air, and users will be waiting to see when it will hit their smartphones. Just after a week of the 4.3 Jelly Bean update announcement, users are already reporting that they have received update notifications. When the update is made available to Nexus owners, the device will prompt owners to download the software and it will install itself.
New features of the 4.3 Jelly Bean update are: Bluetooth Low Energy support, OpenGL ES 3.0 Graphics Support, updated DRM APIs for media streaming, Bluetooth Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.3 support, 4K resolution support, Google Play Game Center, updated sensor with low battery consumption, bug fixes and many security/performance enhancements.
Meanwhile, devices that have yet to receive the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update is likely to skip that update to the latest 4.3 upgrade.
Vodaphone Australia has confirmed that it will be skipping its Android 4.2 update for an older Nexus device and instead waiting for the new 4.3 update. Vodaphone Australia's Samsung Galaxy Nexus currently runs on 4.1.2 and it will be updated directedly to the 4.3 rather than the 4.2 update in between.
For Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note owners who want an unofficial version of the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean software may install it manually.
Galaxy Note N7000 owners who want to upgrade their phablets to the Android 4.3 via CyanogenMod 10.2 test build can click here for details on how to install the software.
Galaxy S3 I9300 owners looking to upgrade their smartphones through the CyanogenMod 10.2 test build can click here.
Official Android 4.3 updates are expected soon for the Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Galaxy Note 2, Sony's Xperia Z and Xperia Z Ultra. Sony has confirmed the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update to the Xperia Z, Xperia ZR, Xperia ZL, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia SP and other devices.
See a video of the Android 4.3 running on the Nexus 4 below:
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
Ex-ISIS child soldier recalls horror of seeing kids playing with severed heads of executed prisoners
ISIS has been known to exploit children and hone them into soldiers and assets for the group. One of them was a boy named Ibrahim, a former ISIS soldier whose horrific experience with the militant group are forever etched on his mind.
- 'The gift of failure': Mark Yaconelli on disappointment, grief, hope and redemption
- Pray for believers from one of the world's most secret religions
- Why it's too soon to write off the Church in Europe
- What do you do when you just don't like someone?
- Is the Bible trustworthy or has it been changed?
- The dress code for a disciple of Christ
- UK and France pledge to 'step up' cooperation over Calais refugee crisis
- UN slams France's burkini ban in damning intervention
- ISIS using fake passports to send fanatics to Europe in preparation for attack, top intel official warns
- Pakistani Christian girl abducted, forced to convert to Islam and marry faces death threats
- Christianity at risk of dying out in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq, Orthodox Church leader warns
- Fears of trafficking as police reveal 9000 child refugees are missing in Germany alone