Android Jelly Bean 4.3 update: Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2, Sony Xperia Z series official updates confirmed
Google released the updated Android 4.3 Jelly Bean mobile OS on July 24 along with its latest mini-tablet, the new Nexus 7.
Google confirmed that Galaxy Nexus owners would receive an update, and there is confirmation that the updates have started rolling out to international Samsung Galaxy Nexus devices. Updates have also been rolling out for the Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and Galaxy Nexus.
The software update is being rolled over-the-air, and users will be waiting to see when it will hit their smartphones. Just after a week of the 4.3 Jelly Bean update announcement, users are already reporting that they have received update notifications. When the update is made available to Nexus owners, the device will prompt owners to download the software and it will install itself.
New features of the 4.3 Jelly Bean update are: Bluetooth Low Energy support, OpenGL ES 3.0 Graphics Support, updated DRM APIs for media streaming, Bluetooth Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.3 support, 4K resolution support, Google Play Game Center, updated sensor with low battery consumption, bug fixes and many security/performance enhancements.
Meanwhile, devices that have yet to receive the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update is likely to skip that update to the latest 4.3 upgrade.
Vodaphone Australia has confirmed that it will be skipping its Android 4.2 update for an older Nexus device and instead waiting for the new 4.3 update. Vodaphone Australia's Samsung Galaxy Nexus currently runs on 4.1.2 and it will be updated directedly to the 4.3 rather than the 4.2 update in between.
For Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note owners who want an unofficial version of the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean software may install it manually.
Galaxy Note N7000 owners who want to upgrade their phablets to the Android 4.3 via CyanogenMod 10.2 test build can click here for details on how to install the software.
Galaxy S3 I9300 owners looking to upgrade their smartphones through the CyanogenMod 10.2 test build can click here.
Official Android 4.3 updates are expected soon for the Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Galaxy Note 2, Sony's Xperia Z and Xperia Z Ultra. Sony has confirmed the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update to the Xperia Z, Xperia ZR, Xperia ZL, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia SP and other devices.
See a video of the Android 4.3 running on the Nexus 4 below:
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Are Churches Really As Unwelcoming As Surveys Say?
- Why Pope Francis May Get The Cold Shoulder In Sweden
- God & The Presidency: The Faith of Dwight D Eisenhower
- Why I Left Church And Why I'm Going Back Again
- Out Of The Darkness: How God Transformed A Violent Criminal
- Doctor Strange: The Most Theological Marvel Movie So Far
- The Church And Argentina's Dirty War: Why The Vatican Needs To Open Its Files
- Sikh Woman Converts To Christianity After Praying To Jesus
- 3 Things Jesus' Death Teaches Us About Humanity
- Religious Freedom 'Is A Litmus Test Of Overall Freedom' Says EU Special Envoy
- 4 Countries Where Christians Are Persecuted For Their Faith
- Cathedral Lit Red In Solidarity With Persecuted Christians
- EU Parliament Votes To Protect Christians In Iraq After ISIS Is Defeated
- Vatican To Host Concert For The Poor And Homeless
- Jesus' 'Burial Slab' Uncovered For First Time In Centuries