Amanda Berry statement live stream coverage video: watch kidnap victim's sister speak to media after Ariel Castro kidnapping, escape
Kidnap victim Amanda Berry is set to speak to the press live to speak of her 10-year ordeal while she was held captive at Ariel Castro's house in Cleveland, Ohio.
Watch the live stream coverage in the video below.
Berry has a six-year-old daughter, Jocelyn, whom she gave birth to while in captivity. Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, and Michelle Knight, all went missing in separate incidents between 2002 and 2004 in Cleveland.
DeJesus and Knight were found alive in the house of Ariel Castro after Berry's dramatic escape.
According to emerging reports, Ariel Castro's daughter Arlene was best friends with Gina DeJesus, and was with her on the day she disappeared. Gina reportedly gave Arlene 50 cents on the day she disappeared and didn't have enough money to take the bus so decided to walk home. That was the last time she was seen.
Berry escaped from the house of horrors on Monday after neighbor Charles Ramsey heard her desperate screams for help.
"I heard screaming. I'm eating my McDonald's, I come outside, I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of her house.," Ramsey said in an interview.
Ramsey freed the girl from the house and helped her out so she can go to another neighbor's house and call 911. She alerted authorities that she was alive and free.
Police were immediately sent to the house where the other two girls were also found. DeJesus, Knight, Berry and daughter Jocelyn were all rushed to hospital to be checked over as they showed signs of malnourishment.
Three brothers have been arrested for the kidnappings of the girls. Fifty-two-year-old Ariel Castro, as well as his brothers Pedro Castro, 54, and O'Neal Castro, 50, are all in police custody.
The girls were kept imprisoned in Ariel Castro's house, where his brothers lived nearby. Authorities found chains and ropes hanging from the ceiling upon their rescue, confirming that the girls had been chained to the wall 'like some sort of trophy.'
Watch the live stream of Amanda Berry's statement to the press in the video below:
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Films About Faith: Christian Today's Alternative Oscars 2017
- The Lesson For Labour From Its Forgotten Christian Socialist Leader: For The Greater Good, Corbyn Should Resign
- Five Scriptures For When You're Feeling Confused
- The 21st Century Solution To Displaying 16th Century Luther Artefacts: Print Them In 3D
- 3 Strategies For Online Soul-Protection
- Will A Christian Film Win Best Picture? Christian Today's Oscar Predictions
- Exclusive Michael Gove Interview: On Trump Quitting Early, Not Talking To Cameron And Being A Flawed Christian
- New Planets Have Been Discovered That Could Support Alien Life. Here Are 10 Questions For Christians
- Brand New VeggieTales Brings Godly Vegetables Back To Netflix: Exclusive Clips
- We Have To Help Christians Fleeing Islamic State, Says Egypt's President Sisi
- In France, People Who Speak Against Abortion Will Now Be Treated As Criminals
- Christian Astrophysicist Sees Little Chance Of Alien Life In New Earth-Size Planets Discovered By NASA
- Christian Family Of ISIS Suicide Bomber Believe He Was 'Brainwashed'
- Drive-Through Ash Wednesday Blessings To Be Given Out At This Irish Church
- Opposition To Philippine's President Duterte Turn Historic Event Into Protest March