Amanda Berry statement live stream coverage video: watch kidnap victim's sister speak to media after Ariel Castro kidnapping, escape
Kidnap victim Amanda Berry is set to speak to the press live to speak of her 10-year ordeal while she was held captive at Ariel Castro's house in Cleveland, Ohio.
Watch the live stream coverage in the video below.
Berry has a six-year-old daughter, Jocelyn, whom she gave birth to while in captivity. Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, and Michelle Knight, all went missing in separate incidents between 2002 and 2004 in Cleveland.
DeJesus and Knight were found alive in the house of Ariel Castro after Berry's dramatic escape.
According to emerging reports, Ariel Castro's daughter Arlene was best friends with Gina DeJesus, and was with her on the day she disappeared. Gina reportedly gave Arlene 50 cents on the day she disappeared and didn't have enough money to take the bus so decided to walk home. That was the last time she was seen.
Berry escaped from the house of horrors on Monday after neighbor Charles Ramsey heard her desperate screams for help.
"I heard screaming. I'm eating my McDonald's, I come outside, I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of her house.," Ramsey said in an interview.
Ramsey freed the girl from the house and helped her out so she can go to another neighbor's house and call 911. She alerted authorities that she was alive and free.
Police were immediately sent to the house where the other two girls were also found. DeJesus, Knight, Berry and daughter Jocelyn were all rushed to hospital to be checked over as they showed signs of malnourishment.
Three brothers have been arrested for the kidnappings of the girls. Fifty-two-year-old Ariel Castro, as well as his brothers Pedro Castro, 54, and O'Neal Castro, 50, are all in police custody.
The girls were kept imprisoned in Ariel Castro's house, where his brothers lived nearby. Authorities found chains and ropes hanging from the ceiling upon their rescue, confirming that the girls had been chained to the wall 'like some sort of trophy.'
Watch the live stream of Amanda Berry's statement to the press in the video below:
Here are seven important facts everyone should be aware of regarding Zika Virus.
An evangelical pastor spanked women's bare bottoms to administer "spiritual discipline", a court has been told.
- Star Trek Beyond: searching for hope in a godless universe
- Controversial evangelist, activist and bestselling 'Left Behind' author dies aged 90
- Scotland's Christian 'saint in the making' Margaret Sinclair to star in new play
- The burning issue: Why the Church has got to start talking about hell
- Come to church this week for poets, rock stars, circus skills and 'champing'
- Lead us not into the temptations of Twitter, warns Pope Francis
- Vice-President Kaine? Find out six facts about his faith
- How your holidays can still be holy days
- Child abuse, the Church and the Goddard inquiry: Why we should all pray it succeeds
- Glass ceiling shattered as Clinton wins Democratic Party nomination
- Church-state separation is OK, but 'there should never be separation between God and state' — Philippine President Duterte
- Why Pope Francis may not be particularly welcome in Poland
- Religious people oppose genetic engineering to enhance human abilities
- Jacques Hamel: The humble priest who was 'treasured' by the community
- Many thousands of displaced children in Nigeria on brink of starvation