Amanda Berry family home (video): victim returns home, sister asks for privacy so family can recover from ordeal
Amanda Berry arrived at her sister's home Wednesday, just two days after escaping her captor Ariel Castro's home.
Berry was expected to speak to the press today about her ordeal, but instead her sister issued a short statement outside of her home earlier this afternoon.
Berry and her 6-year-old daughter Jocelyn, who was conceived and born while she was in captivity, were shown on aerial television camera entering her sister's house through a back door.
The suspects involved in kidnapping Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight, who have all disappeared between 2002 and 2004, are expected to be charged for their horrendous crime by the end of the day.
Ariel Castro, 52, and his two brothers Pedro Castro, 54, and Onil Castro, 50, were arrested Monday shortly after the 3 victims were rescued.
Berry's sister Beth Serrano looked tearful and was trembling as she spoke briefly to the media just outside of her home. "At this time, our family would request privacy so my sister and niece and I can have time to recover. We appreciate all you have done for us for the past ten years. Please respect our privacy until we are ready to make our statement. And thank you."
Berry dramatically escaped Ariel Castro's home on Monday with the help of neighbor Charles Ramsey, who had heard her frantic cries for help and helped her escape from the house. Berry quickly escaped the home and ran to a neighbor's house to call 911, identifying herself.
When police arrived, they discovered two other girls who had gone missing for a decade – Gina DeJesus, who vanished in 2004 at the age of 14 and Michele Knight, 32, who disappeared age 20.
A thorough search of the house was carried out by investigators and no human remains were discovered.
All three women and Jocelyn were found malnourished and were taken to hospital after their rescue but were later deemed healthy.
Indonesian police were investigating a suspected terror attack by a knife-wielding assailant on a priest during the Sunday service at a church, and a bomb squad had been deployed to determine whether the attacker's backpack contained explosives.
Following the footsteps of Jesus Christ who died on the cross for our salvation, the 37-year-old Arab Christian man killed by a supposed Muslim hater reportedly saved the lives of at least two people, including his mother, before he was shot dead.
- It's not Christian to be nice
- Christian Small Group: The rejected TV pilot
- Earthquakes and floods: Is God punishing people?
- Does money really stop us getting into heaven?
- The Bible study method that helps small groups really work
- Revelation 2: Has the church lost its first love?
- Should Christian charities take atheists' money?
- Top 5 daily prayer apps to help your devotional life
- 'We are living in darkness': The heartbreaking suffering of refugees stranded in Greece
- Man in horrific crash sees vision of God in 'glowing chariot' flying through the air, lifting and saving him
- It's OK for Christians to worry about refugees in U.S., religious freedom activist says
- Archbishop from Uganda says beating of children, wives at home should stop
- Italy earthquake: State funeral held for 35 victims
- Denmark: Friday prayers held at Scandinavia's first female-led mosque
- Scottish police call on help of priest to get rid of 'poltergeist' causing trouble inside a house