Amanda Berry family home (video): victim returns home, sister asks for privacy so family can recover from ordeal
Amanda Berry arrived at her sister's home Wednesday, just two days after escaping her captor Ariel Castro's home.
Berry was expected to speak to the press today about her ordeal, but instead her sister issued a short statement outside of her home earlier this afternoon.
Berry and her 6-year-old daughter Jocelyn, who was conceived and born while she was in captivity, were shown on aerial television camera entering her sister's house through a back door.
The suspects involved in kidnapping Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight, who have all disappeared between 2002 and 2004, are expected to be charged for their horrendous crime by the end of the day.
Ariel Castro, 52, and his two brothers Pedro Castro, 54, and Onil Castro, 50, were arrested Monday shortly after the 3 victims were rescued.
Berry's sister Beth Serrano looked tearful and was trembling as she spoke briefly to the media just outside of her home. "At this time, our family would request privacy so my sister and niece and I can have time to recover. We appreciate all you have done for us for the past ten years. Please respect our privacy until we are ready to make our statement. And thank you."
Berry dramatically escaped Ariel Castro's home on Monday with the help of neighbor Charles Ramsey, who had heard her frantic cries for help and helped her escape from the house. Berry quickly escaped the home and ran to a neighbor's house to call 911, identifying herself.
When police arrived, they discovered two other girls who had gone missing for a decade – Gina DeJesus, who vanished in 2004 at the age of 14 and Michele Knight, 32, who disappeared age 20.
A thorough search of the house was carried out by investigators and no human remains were discovered.
All three women and Jocelyn were found malnourished and were taken to hospital after their rescue but were later deemed healthy.
The miraculous healing of one woman in Hanoi led to a remarkable Christian awakening in predominantly Buddhist Vietnam led by a farmer named Dao Sanh.
Donald Trump, 45th U.S. President, Is 'Secular Cyrus' Prophesied In Isaiah 45, Says Christian Leader
The "coincidence" appears hard to ignore: Donald Trump being sworn in as the 45th President of the United States on Friday and the biblical passage Isaiah 45 telling about the arrival of the great leader Cyrus.
- Monster Or Messiah: How Should The Church Respond To Donald Trump?
- Pope Francis: Christians Face Daily Battle With Satan
- 'Can I get a witness?' Whatever happened to sharing our testimonies?
- It's Been 500 Years Since The Reformation. Now Is The Time To Admit We Need Each Other
- What Does The Bible Have To Say About A Trump Presidency?
- Truth And Justice Meet: Why We Should Celebrate The Freedom Of Chelsea Manning
- Unsatisfied At Work? Here's How To Find Fulfilment
- Auschwitz Memorial Museum Director Appeals For Death Camp Staff Documents
- Real Christian Men Do This
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Strikes Back At Critical Priests, Asks Them, 'What Is Your Moral Ascendancy?'
- Women's March: Hundreds Of Thousands Of Feminist Protesters Gather In Washington Against Trump Agenda
- Blast In Pakistan Vegetable Market Kills At Least 21
- Violent Clashes Between Protesters And Police In Washington Over Trump Inauguration
- Muslim Man Defies ISIS By Making Iron Cross for Christians in Bombed-Out Church
- The Gambia Explainer: What Will Happen Next?