Abercrombie & Fitch: homeless receive A&F clothing in Greg Karber's effort to 'rebrand' controversial brand [VIDEO]
Fashion brand Abercrombrie & Fitch CEO Mike Jeffries recently stirred controversy after refusing to sell larger sized clothing, saying he wants to keep his brand exclusive to "cool kids."
Los Angeles filmmaker Greg Karber decided to give the brand a "brand adjustment" by giving out its clothes to the homeless.
Karber posted a video titled "Abercrombie & Fitch Gets a Brand Readjustment #FitchTheHomeless", Karber says he plans to turn the brand into the "the world's number one brand for homeless apparel" and plans to hand out A&F clothing to homeless people.
The video encourages people to donate their old A&F clothes to local homeless shelters and promote the new A&F brand adjustment.
Viewers gave mixed reactions to the video.
One viewer commented: "I understand the overall gesture here but I couldn't help but feel kind of wrong watching this. :/"
EmpEli wrote: "He's still using homeless people as part of his statement/agenda. An agenda that is supposed to comment on 'douchebags'. Instead of just giving giving homeless people support or assistance he is using them as walking advertisements to change the brand image. By only giving them AF clothing he is forcing them to wear it. I don't think forcing AF clothing unto anyone is ethical. I even feel bad when douchebags wear it."
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Why It's Ok To Be A 'Spineless Christian'
- The Glorious Truth Of All Saints Day, And Why It's Better Than Halloween
- Light Out Of Darkness: A Review Of Leonard Cohen's 'You Want It Darker'
- Are Churches Really As Unwelcoming As Surveys Say?
- Why Pope Francis May Get The Cold Shoulder In Sweden
- God & The Presidency: The Faith of Dwight D Eisenhower
- Why I Left Church And Why I'm Going Back Again
- Out Of The Darkness: How God Transformed A Violent Criminal
- Three Places That Need Your Prayers This Weekend
- Why Are English Cathedrals So Successful? Government Minister Begins Grand Tour To Find Out
- Pope Francis Accepts Invitation From South Sudan Church Leaders To Visit War-Torn Nation
- ISIS Genocide Must Be Punished In Court - Leading European Politicians
- ISIS Abduct 'Tens Of Thousands' To Use As Human Shields In Mosul
- Exclusive: Mystery Over Whether Gay Vicar 'Outed' The Bishop Of Grantham