Abercrombie & Fitch: homeless receive A&F clothing in Greg Karber's effort to 'rebrand' controversial brand [VIDEO]
Fashion brand Abercrombrie & Fitch CEO Mike Jeffries recently stirred controversy after refusing to sell larger sized clothing, saying he wants to keep his brand exclusive to "cool kids."
Los Angeles filmmaker Greg Karber decided to give the brand a "brand adjustment" by giving out its clothes to the homeless.
Karber posted a video titled "Abercrombie & Fitch Gets a Brand Readjustment #FitchTheHomeless", Karber says he plans to turn the brand into the "the world's number one brand for homeless apparel" and plans to hand out A&F clothing to homeless people.
The video encourages people to donate their old A&F clothes to local homeless shelters and promote the new A&F brand adjustment.
Viewers gave mixed reactions to the video.
One viewer commented: "I understand the overall gesture here but I couldn't help but feel kind of wrong watching this. :/"
EmpEli wrote: "He's still using homeless people as part of his statement/agenda. An agenda that is supposed to comment on 'douchebags'. Instead of just giving giving homeless people support or assistance he is using them as walking advertisements to change the brand image. By only giving them AF clothing he is forcing them to wear it. I don't think forcing AF clothing unto anyone is ethical. I even feel bad when douchebags wear it."
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- How Can We Stop People Losing Their Faith?
- 10 Challenging Quotes From St Francis Of Assisi That Will Change The Way You View Faith
- Why Friendship Is A Better Investment Than Romance
- Can Christians Believe In Astrology?
- The Lie Single Christians Believe And How It's Harming Mission
- Corbyn: Labour Can Learn Lessons From Faith Groups' Unity
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians
- Struggling With Comparing Yourself To Others? Time To Do Something About It
- Why Does God Allow Depression?
- Why Are So Many Mexican Priests Being Killed?
- Two Dozen Christians Deported From Saudi Arabia For Praying
- Shocking Rise In Child Rape In Sierra Leone
- Pastor kills himself after mistakenly sending his nude photos intended for his mistress to church members instead
- Filipino church worker who survived terror bombing still thanks God despite death of his wife and son
- ISIS tortures 6 boys to death with use of welding tools; 3 kids caught playing soccer get 30 lashes each