Fifty Shades of Grey movie cast rumors: top contenders, release date August 2014
The film adaptation of E.L. James best-selling book 'Fifty Shades of Grey' will be released on August 1, 2014.
The news of the release date was finally announced by Focus Features via Facebook on June 27. A statement was posted on Facebook which read: "The global release of 'Fifty Shades of Grey' will start in North America on Friday, August 1st, 2014 with opening dates around the world to be announced. The Focus Features domestic theatrical release will be in theaters nationwide. Universal Pictures International is releasing the movie in the rest of the world."
Rumors surrounding the movie, including possible cast members, have been swirling on the internet since the news that a movie adaptation of the book come to light.
Last week, it was announced that Sam Taylor-Johnson will be directing the movie. The film will be adapted into screenplay by Kelly Marcel.
Rumors as to who will play 27-year-old Christian Grey, the powerful billionaire who falls in love with 22-year-old Anastasia Steele, have been rife. Grey, is a character described as having "unruly dark-copper-colored hair and intense, bright gray eyes." Rumored contenders for the Grey role includes Ian Somerhalder, Matt Bomer, Henry Cavill, and most recently Robert Pattinson, as the author of the hit book was spotted at his Great Gatsby-themed birthday party last week.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
Top rumored contenders for the Anastasia Steele role are Alexis Biedel, Emma Watson, and Mila Kunis.
The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie will be produced by Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti - the movie is expected to be NC-17 rated.
The "Fifty Shades" erotic trilogy (50 Shades of Grey, 50 Shades Darker, 50 Shades Freed), written by British author E.L. James, has become one of the best-selling books of all time.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- 6 Worships Songs You Might Not Know, But Should
- After Trump, What Now For Christians In America? Obama Faith Advisor Speaks Out
- From Bethlehem To Bedford: What If Mary And Joseph Were 21st Century Refugees?
- 10 Brilliant Ways To Countdown To Christmas With Your Kids
- No Women Speakers At Your Christian Event? Here's How That Could Change
- Archbishop Of York: Government Must Not 'Scapegoat' Migrants For Failures In Housing And Jobs
- The First Trailer For The Shack Movie Is Here... And It Looks Heartbreaking, Beautiful And Brilliant
- Buzzfeed, Fixer Upper, And Gay Marriage: 3 Questions To Ask
- Why We Need To Stop Calling Our Opponents 'Evil'
- South Koreans march close to presidential Blue House demanding Park resign
- Malaysia says Myanmar violence against Muslim Rohingya 'ethnic cleansing'
- Bodies of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victims Returned To Grieving Brazilian Home Town
- Pakistan Province Bans Forced Conversions of Christians to Islam; Move Hailed as 'Great Step' to Protect Minorities
- Fear Grips Christian Converts in Europe Refugee Camps Amid Death Threats From Muslim Extremists
- Newly Baptised Girl and Her Younger Brother Survive Knife Attack By Their Own Mom; God Saved Them, Says Pastor