200-year-old, 40-pound fish caught by Henry LIebman in Alaska [PHOTO]
A 200-year-old fish has been caught by a fisherman in Alaska.
Henry Liebman of Seattle was fishing off the coast of Alaska on June 21 when he reeled in a gigantic shortraker fish that was swimming 900 feet below.
"I knew it was abnormally big (but I) didn't know it was a record until on the way back we looked in the Alaska guide book that was on the boat," Liebman told The Daily Sitka Journal.
The ginormous orange rockfish weighs 40 pounds and is a common fish in Alaska that can live at a depth of over 2,500 feet.
Liebman's catch could be a record as analysts from the state Department of Fish and Game believe that it could be over 200 years old. The age of the shortraker is determined by the number of growth rings along its earbone.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
The 41-inch fish could break the current record of a minnow that was over 200 years old but measured at 32-and-a-half inches.
"That fish was 32 and a half inches long, where Henry's was almost 41 inches, so his could be substantially older," Troy Tidingco, Sitka area manager for the department told the paper.
A sample of the fish was sent to a lab in Juneaw, the state capital, to determine its age.
Liebman says he plans to have the fish mounted at his home in Seattle.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- The Rapture In Three Weeks? This Christian Computer Scientist Thinks So
- Rare Wycliffe Bible Smashes Estimate, Sells For $1.7 Million
- Revelation 7: What's It Like In Heaven?
- Trump, Farage, Erdogan, Modi All Make TIME Person Of The Year Shortlist
- 6 Worships Songs You Might Not Know, But Should
- After Trump, What Now For Christians In America? Obama Faith Advisor Speaks Out
- From Bethlehem To Bedford: What If Mary And Joseph Were 21st Century Refugees?
- 10 Brilliant Ways To Countdown To Christmas With Your Kids
- No Women Speakers At Your Christian Event? Here's How That Could Change
- World Council Of Churches Activist Refused Entry To Israel And Deported
- Burqa Ban In Germany 'Wherever Legally Possible', Says Merkel
- 'Notional Christian' Vote Was The Key To Donald Trump Election Victory
- Mexico 'In Denial' Over Thousands Of Evangelicals Forced Out Of Homes
- Too Many Left Behind By Globalisation, Says Bank Of England's Mark Carney
- Christian Artists Threatened With Fines and Jail Time for Refusing to Make Gay Wedding Invitations