14 quotes about fathers that will melt your heart
1. Rick Warren: "For 27 years, I prayed every day of my life for God to heal my son's mental illness. It was the No. 1 prayer of my life."
2. Barack Obama: "Understand that there's nothing that's going to be more precious in your life... And when you're on your death bed, that's the stuff you're going to remember - you holding hands with your daughter."
3. David Beckham: "In my career there's many things I've won, and many things I've achieved, but for me my greatest achievement is my children and my family. It's about being a good father, a good husband - just being connected to family as much as possible."
4. Denzel Washington: "There's life, and there's making a living. Family is life."
5. Pope Francis: "Fatherhood is giving life to others, giving life, giving life."
6. Mark Wahlberg: "I want to give my kids the world, but I also want them to appreciate everything, to succeed, to be good people, to enjoy life. This is my most important role. If I fail at this, I fail at everything."
7. Bill Cosby: "Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope."
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
8. Prince William: "As any new parent knows, you're only too happy to show off your new child and, you know, proclaim that he is the best looking or the best everything. It's nice that people want to see George."
9. Jim Bob Duggar: "The most important thing is to keep yourself lined up with the Lord, but also keeping up the hearts of your children, and asking your children on a regular basis, 'How are you doing?' and going deeper with them."
10. Matt Damon: "The only way I can describe it, it sounds stupid, but at the end of 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas', you know how his heart grows like five times? Everything is full. It's just full all the time."
11. Bear Grylls: "It was a very moving moment [holding his son for the first time], you suddenly have this bundle that you'd instantly die for, and that's an extraordinary feeling."
12. Robbie Williams: "There used to be a huge hole in my life that I wrote many albums about. I didn't realise it was a wife-and-daughter-shaped hole. They've plugged that gap. Everything I do, I do for them now. When daddy goes to work, it's daddy going to work, not Rob going to work. I feel like there's a purpose to everything."
13. Krish Kandiah: "God doesn't want children to be in institutions or care homes; he wants the lonely in families. This is the most Godly thing we can imagine doing in our time; showing God's love to kids who really need it".
14. Brad Pitt: "Fatherhood is the best thing I ever did. It changes your perspective. You can write a book, you can make a movie, you can paint a painting, but having kids is really the most extraordinary thing I have taken on."
And a little bonus, Michael McIntyre: